10| Unfit mother.

I found myself staring at my reflection I'm the bathroom mirror

Is this what a mother looked like?

If I was pregnant, would I ever be a good parent? I was already fucked up as it is and the last thing I want is to fuck up my own child.

I've always wanted to be a mother but after Fredrick I just found the thought borderline ridiculous.

Can you imagine me? A mother? Get outta here.

"T, you've got to take the test," Jessie gently put her hand on my shoulder. I turned to her with a small nod.

I know I haven't been open with my friends since the end of my failed marriage but the moment I felt different I couldn't help but call them.
Ten minutes later they arrived at my house with pregnancy tests and my favourite ice cream flavour, vanilla.

I called in sick at the station because there's no way I can possibly work when the thought of me being pregnant keeps running through my mind.

"Yeah, you're right," I let out a hasty breath.

I looked down at the pregnancy test in its box on the granite bathroom counter and grabbed it in my shaky hands.

Why was I so nervous? Pregnant or not it's not the end of the world. Right?

Two soft hands grabbed ahold of either shoulders to support me. Both Jessie and Larissa's soft hands gently squeezed my shoulders to show that they were here for me.

I cleared my throat and took the stick out of the box reading the instructions on how to use it. "Can you guys please give me a minute," I requested and was left with a last gentle squeeze to my shoulders before I was I was alone in the bathroom.

I stared down at the stick like it held my whole world in it. It probably did. What would become of my career if I was pregnant? Would the father of this infant be present in our lives?

To make it all worse, I don't even know Bryan all that well. Imagine a one-nightstand resurfacing with such news? I'd want to run if I was him.

Growing the courage to stop pussy-footing around this whole thing, I sat on the toilet and peed on the right end of the stick.

After flushing and washing my hands I opened the bathroom door and huffed out a breath looking at my two best friends. "Three minutes," I said.

We sat on the small couch in the bathroom waiting patiently for my fate to be determined. Three minutes have never felt so long but eventually it did end and the results appeared.