12| SuperMom

"I'm pregnant

"I'm pregnant."

My words died in the noisy waiting room. Bryan stood there frozen and wordless.

His unresponsive demeanour was making me more and more anxious with each passing second of silence.

"Bryan," I called his name. The anxiety his giving was making me anxious. I could almost feel that brunch work it's way up my throat as my anxiety encourages it.

"Is..." he finally peeps, "Is it...mine?" He pulls a not so impressed face when he asks.

Suddenly the vomit I felt creeping up my throat makes it out of me and onto his shoes and the floor.

"Fuck," I hear him whisper under his throat. "Oh dear," I hear the nurse say before she hurries to my aid.

"Oh my sweetie, are you okay?" She asks as she hunches over to comfort me. "Let's move you to a comfortable seat and get you a bucket," she guides me to a waiting away from Bryan and the mess.

"Agnus! Please clean that up, love!" She yells out to another nurse across the room. She leave and disappears behind the counter and returns with a barf bag and a handful of tissues. "Thank you," I say as I accept her help.

I look back to Bryan and notices his walking my way seeming to have sort of cleaned off the mess I made on his shoes.

"Let me take you home," he not-so-warmly offered without even meeting my eyes.

I took a minute to calm my nerves and let the entire reality of this situation sink in.

"Don't worry about it. I'll do fine on my own," I harshly answered as I made my way out of the hospital.

I'll do fine on my own.

My phone rang just as I was about to pull it out to order a ride back to the diner.

'Bryce'

It took me a moment to answer the phone. Today was my supposed sick day off. I wonder what could be the problem.

"Hey," I tried to should cheerful but failed.

"It's about passed lunch time but I'm taking a lunch break. Wanna join? That is... if you're feeling better," he said.

"Uhm, I'm just coming from the doctor right now. I'm sure...I check in when I leave here," I told.

"Cool. What's the doctor's diagnosis?" He asked.