00

❝cause i'm a ride or die
whether you fail or fly❞

The slightly chilly calm of the late September evening was disturbed by the arrival of a rumbling vehicle in the premises of an abandoned neighborhood

The slightly chilly calm of the late September evening was disturbed by the arrival of a rumbling vehicle in the premises of an abandoned neighborhood. The loud music blasting from the speakers was cut off in the middle as the engine turned off and two guys got out of the car while the third stayed put in the passenger's seat, eyeing the area with a critical glint.

“So… this is where you usually get the stuff?” asked the guy wearing a black baseball cap, his raven black curls peeking from the sides.

“Yeah, you can't exchange these things in front of prying eyes now, can you?” The guy standing beside him scoffed at the end of his response and the former exchanged a look with the one still sitting inside the vehicle.

Giving a tug to the brim of his cap, he beamed at him. “Of course! Silly me. It's my first time, as you know… ” 

The guy waved him off with the shake of his hand. “I'm aware. Now stop talking. They'll be here any moment now. You remember what I told you?” 

The raven haired guy nodded enthusiastically in return and said, “Yep! Keep my mouth shut and just observe how you handle the deal.” 

“Good. Now start acting on it.” 

“On what?” 

“On being a mute.” was the guy's harsh response before he straightened up. The raven haired guy's forest green eyes darted towards the end of the street from where a lone figure was making their way towards them and he lightly tapped the car's window, alerting the guy sitting on the passenger's seat. 

He watched as the figure stopped a few steps away from them and Arslan— the guy who had not-so-nicely told him to act like a mute— walked over to him before they both shook hands. 

“Who's this?” enquired the guy who had approached them in all black attire and Arslan tossed him a casual smile. 

“He's my new buddy— wants to share my experience of getting high on the good stuff.” 

The statement was followed by crude chuckles from both men while the guy in question shoved his hands in his jeans' pockets and slowly started to step towards them. Arslan's shoulders tensed and he gave him a hard stare, wordlessly telling him to stay put and do what they had agreed on. 

The raven haired guy ignored him completely and stopped beside him before extending a hand to shake. 

“Zain Hameed at your service,” Arslan's eyes widened at his words because he clearly remembered that his new classmate's name was Zohaib, not Zain. “I would appreciate it if you return my handshake so that it's easy for me to put handcuffs on you.”