01

❝he has a mental condition called bakwasemia❞

What possessed humans to invent something as ridiculous as cell phones?

Anabia thought as she tried to ignore the constant buzzing of the outrageous device in her jeans' pocket, while guiding her four year old niece down the snack aisle of the departmental store.

“I hate keeping this mobile phone.” she said through clenched teeth, roaming her eyes around the shelves to look for her favourite canned chips.

“Can I have it then, phuppo?”

Her gaze snapped down to settle on her niece's innocent face who was staring up at her with her big honey brown eyes rounded in anticipation.

“No.”

Her little head dropped in disappointment but Anabia did not fall for it. Jannat Rehman was a little too blessed in the department of childhood charisma, compelling everyone to fall at her bidding.

But Anabia had practised her resistance against her niece's doe-eyed allure.

As she finally caught sight of the item she was looking for and tossed it in the shopping basket hanging off her left arm, her phone buzzed for the hundredth time and she was forced to whip it out of her pocket to finally give whomever it was a piece of her mind.

Anabia opened the group chat responsible for the annoying buzz and furiously started typing out the message, letting go of Jannat's hand in the process.

It was the exact moment when the four year old spotted a life sized panda pushing a shopping trolley at the end of the aisle and her tiny hands flew up to cover the gasp which escaped her in surprise.

She stole a quick glance at Anabia who was engrossed in taking out her anger on the phone's keyboard prior to making a stealthy dash towards the panda.

――✽――

Meanwhile, the panda was rushing around various aisles, dropping anything and everything in sight into the cart. It froze momentarily when a lady passed by before springing back into action and wheeling the shopping trolley towards the exit.

You guessed it right. This panda was attempting robbery in broad daylight.

“It's about damn time!”

The panda heard its partner, who was very much human, exclaim as it made its way over to him and shook its head, resulting in the said head to rotate off the front and stop at the back.

So now the panda was walking forward while its eyes were enjoying the view behind it.

“Shut up.” It grumbled under its breath as it stopped before its friend and rotated the head back to its place.