💛 🌤️ - prom buddy

ship - platonic Sailey! [Sean and Hailey] 

Genre/mood - angst/fluff 

requested by - none, i thought we needed some non-Jailey today 

a.n - I know the drawing's almost two months old. I usually make fanart, then decide 'oh yeah there's gotta be a story to this' which would explain why some of these oneshots have an image header to them that are ages old. 

Also, episode 6 of tmf was awesome, was there for the premiere B) 

Sean's POV 

Prom night, probably one of the loneliest of school dances if you didn't have a date. 

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing to be by myself; I simply had no one I wanted to bring with me. (Besides, Mr Broom's more than enough /hj) 

Everyone in the music club had paired up with someone as well. Jake finally got the courage to ask Daisy out, Luke was with Zander, Milly with Elliot. Hailey told me she was asking someone secret to the dance, so I assumed she got herself a prom date too. 

That was, until I saw her running out of the gymnasium. I didn't take notice on what happened before, so I couldn't be sure what it was that made her run off. I was near the food stand, so I decided to pour two cups of punch, in case she needed one. 

Luckily, the door was propped open to ease the constant leaving and entering of the students. I walk as fast as I can without spilling the juice out of their holders, catching sight of her right before she turns the corner. 

There's only one exit from there. The main door connecting the interior and exterior of the school building. 

A cool breeze hits me as I open the door that directly leads me outside, and I look down to see Hailey sitting on one of the stairs. 

"I take it your prom hasn't been the best?" 

She jumps in her seat, turning around and sighing when she realizes it's just me. 

"Please tell me no one else is coming. I don't want anyone to see me like this." 

I shake my head, sitting down next to her and offering her one of the cups in my hand. She gratefully accepts it, gulping down the sugary water. 

"You can talk to me if you want, but I won't force you." 

"Thanks." 

We sit in silence for a few moments, and I take the moment to look at her outfit. She told me she was really proud of her dress choice, and I have to agree with what she said. She hides her stomach, and I notice there's an icing stain. 

"Your dress, it's..." 

"Ruined. I thought they said they were going to prom alone, so I decided to ask them today. And then this all happened." 

"No, I meant to say that it's quite pretty. And your heels, they look like they'd hold the power of only one of the most regal, brave, and confident people I know." 

She gives a strained laugh, looking down at the punch in her cup. 

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." 

"I mean what I said, and making friends feel better is what friends do." 

She looks at me, a slight smile on her face. "You're a good person, Sean. I'm lucky to have a friend like you." 

Suddenly, one more thing pops in my head as an attempt to get her back on her feet. 

"Hailey Austin..." 

I stand up, holding my hand out for her to take. She holds it, still sitting on the stairs. 

"Will you be my honorary prom buddy?" 

She gives a chuckle. 

"I'm serious! We could be the ultimate power duo, and you can forget about moping around without a date." 

I help her back on her feet, and she raises her cup at me. We make a cup clink and take a drink of the punch inside. 

"Prom buddy. I like it." 

a.n - you'll only either get freakishly long or terribly short oneshots from me nowadays lmao. 

SO 

ANNOUNCEMENT/AD (I already did a post on my wattpad profile but here's a shorter one for those of you who haven't read it yet) 

I finished a new TMF book! Wow I know how interesting. If you like fantasy, angst, or Drew, then check out the fic I posted called Lily B) 

You should also check my profile for the full post because there's more info about some other stuff ty  

𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓾𝓮 - romantic Drailey angst   

word count: 748