❤️ ☀️ - movie night

ship - romantic Drake 

genre/mood - fluff [there's hints of angst because I struggled with pure Drake fluff lmao. It's also very short because I didn't really know what to write oops] 

request by - cloudless_cacti

Drew's POV 

I was invited over for an impromptu movie night today, just the two of us. We sit on the couch located in the very middle of his massive living room, and frankly, I'd say it was the best seat out of all the seats in the entire room.

Drew sits next to me, my arm wrapping behind his shoulders, repeatedly stealing glances at his phone on the coffee table. The movie plays on, but my focus has drifted off from the recorded voices.

He never liked it when anyone talked during a movie, but I don't think that's where his focus is either right now.

"Drew? Is something the matter?"

He jolts under my arm, surprised by my voice suddenly penetrating the odd silence that can only be experienced when watching a movie.

He gives a quick smile, avoiding the question. I stare at him with concern, knowing he always gets uncomfortable when people give him any sort of sympathy. He breaks his façade, sighing at me with mock frustration. 

"Alright, you caught me." He swiftly grabs the remote, turning off the TV with the click of a button. He turns toward me, looking in my eyes for a short moment before allowing himself to fall limp on my chest. 

I play with a chunk of his tyrian purple locks while I wait for Drew to open up. His long, calm breaths match mine, the near-silent sound of inhaling and exhaling air filling the short silence. 

He breaks the silence with the nagging question we've been avoiding. "Do you think it's time to... break it off with Zoey?" 

I think for a moment, allowing myself to think about Zoey might feel. 

"I know I keep saying it's your decision, but I think you should do it sooner than later. She may not be a great person, but she's still human. Best to tell her than lead her on." 

He scoffs at me with envy. "If only it was that easy, Jake. As much as want to, I don't want to hurt her feelings." 

"I think she'd probably been expecting you to have left her ages ago. After all, she can always find more... personal donors." 

He chuckles at my statement, lifting himself off of me. "You're such a tease." 

We stare at each other, inching closer to each other's faces before I softly peck him on the lips. Once we part, I give him a big, goofy grin. He immediately flushes, looking away from me in embarrassment. 

"You're not wrong, I am quite the tease." 

He rolls his eyes, deciding not to say anything in response. A slight smile peeps through his lips, but it quickly fades. 

"I was thinking of telling her over text." He reaches to his left to grab his phone off the coffee table, holding it limply with his hands. I'm tempted to smack it out of his grasp, but I decide to simply grab him by the arm. 

Lowering the phone down to his lap, I look back at Drew, his expression turning from his former hesitation into confusion. 

"What?" He asks me. 

"Breaking up over text? Come on, Drew. You can do better." 

He gives me a sigh, knowing I'm right. "Yeah, sorry. It's just that, it's Zoey." 

"Drew..." 

He hangs his head down, typing something out on his phone. I look at him, slightly disappointed he didn't listen to me. 

He shoves the screen near my face. 

Zoey 

[ I want to tell you something. Meet me at the mall tomorrow at 3 ] [SEND]

He gives a smug smile in my direction, a hint of apology behind his features. 

"Knowing her, she'd probably forgive me if I handed her a stack of money anyway." 

We both give slight chuckles, trying to lighten up the mood. He snuggles up to me once more, pressing his cheek on my chest. 

"Wanna watch that movie now?" 

a.n - there will be a Droey breakup if you were wondering hehe 

ռɛӼȶ ɨռ զʊɛʊɛ: a surprise :O 

- word count: 713