Chapter One

Maia Mitchell as Zosia

(Black hair with blue ends)

Zosia sits in her's and Felix's shared room, watching him play his new song as she draws "♪ Water, fire, earth and air

Zosia sits in her's and Felix's shared room, watching him play his new song as she draws "♪ Water, fire, earth and air. ♪ ♪ Water, fire, earth and air. ♪ ♪ Water, fire, earth and air, ♪ ♪ elements that we don't share. ♪ ♪ Walk upon this earth again, ♪ ♪ walk upon this earth again, ♪ ♪ walk upon this earth again... ♪" he gets cut off as their dad knocks on the door. "Felix! Cut it out." he tells him. Zosia rolls her eyes and turns back to her drawing "What you drawing Zosh?" Felix asks putting his guitar down. "You playing guitar." Zosia says showing him. "Wow, I'm so honoured." he tells her sarcastically putting his hand to her chest. "So you should." she smiles. "Come on we got the trip and we need to get our permission slips from mum." Felix says grabbing his bag. Zosia nods and stands up, chucking her sketch book in her bag before following him to the main house. "Hey, Oskie, want to hear my rad new song?" Felix asks their brother as they walk into the kitchen. "Sure." Oscar responds. Felix hands him his phone and earphones as Zosia grabs an apple. "Felix, get your father. Get your father!" their mum tells him. "Dad!" Felix calls making their dad walk in. "We need to go." their mum tells him. "I'm fine, Mum. Really, I want to go to school." Oscar tells her. "He says he's fine." Zosia says. "Well, the thermometer says differently. Have you got the car keys?"she asks. "Where did you leave them?" he asks her. "I don't know, that's why I'm asking you." their mum responds. "Here they are." Zosia says holding up the keys. "You need to make your own lunch and pack the dishwasher too." their mum tells the twins. "Did you sign our permission forms?" Felix asks. "What forms?" she asks. "Mum!" they both exclaim. "Great song." Oscar says handing Felix his phone back as their mum starts pushing his wheelchair out. "Ken, can you call Dr Atkin?" their mum asks their dad as they leave. Zosia sighs "I'll do our lunches, you do the dishwasher." she tells Felix who nods in response.

Walking out the house the twins meet up with Ellen, their best friend "Can you forge our mum's signature?" Felix asks as they walk. "Or we could just not go." Ellen suggests. "It's compulsory. Come on, Ellen. Forgery is your superpower." Felix tries. "And I should be using it for pure evil, like identity theft, ...not some dumb bushwalk." Ellen responds. "It'll be fun. We'll hang out together, make cutting, insightful observations about our fellow students, except it will be in nature." Felix tells her. "I hate nature." Ellen tells him. "I arranged for the three of us to be together." Felix smiles. "Pen." Ellen concedes. "Thank you." Felix smiles handing her a pen and their permission slips. "Oh, hey - want to listen to this new song I wrote?" he asks handing her an earbud. "That's good!" Ellen smiles. "It is, isn't it?" Felix says making Zosia roll her eyes and put her headphones in. When they reach the school Zosia spots Sam and turns to Felix "I'll sit with you guys on the bus." she tells them before running to catch up with Sam. "Hey Sam." she smiles. "Hey Zosh. Looking forward to nature?" Sam asks throwing his arm over her shoulders. "Oh yeah totally. I love the fact that we're going to be stuck outside walking all day. I totally don't prefer sitting inside drawing and listening to music." Zosia responds sarcastically making Sam laugh. "Come on, it could be fun." he tells her. Zosia gives him a look "Okay, but mum is cooking lamb roast with barbecue sauce tonight. You want to come round?" he asks. "Always up for your mum's cooking." she responds with a smile.