Chapter Four

Zosia holds Sam's hand as they all hide behind some crates "There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts!" Andy continues to chant

Zosia holds Sam's hand as they all hide behind some crates "There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts!" Andy continues to chant. There's a sudden loud and low roar making Zosia squeeze Sam's hand slightly "What was that?" Jake asks. "A storm like this, could be anything." Andy responds. "This is no storm!" Felix tells them. "What do you mean?" Andy asks. "There's something out there. You saw it." Felix says looking at Sam. "Well, maybe Andy was right. Maybe it's just the wind." Sam suggests. The door slams open and the wind stops before the door slams shut again and the wind picks up again "This is so messed up!" Felix comments. "Never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda glad you guys are here." Jake remarks. "If we do die, I'm glad we had this." Andy tells them. "Had what?" Zosia asks. "An adventure." Andy responds. The boys decide to make a fire before they all gather round it, Zosia leaning her head on Sam's shoulder "I just wanna go home." Sam sighs. Zosia jumps slightly as something bangs against the wall of the hut making Sam put his arm round her.

Soon Andy, Jake and Felix fall asleep leaving Sam and Zosia the only ones awake "Zosh, you awake?" Sam asks. "Yeah, don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. Not with whatever that is outside and with Andy snoring." Zosia responds. "There's something else aswell Zosh. I know you too well for you to be able to lie to me, what is it?" Sam asks her gently. "Just miss home." Zosia shrugs. "We all do Zosh." Sam sighs hugging her. "Doesn't help mum didn't sort my meds." she tells him. "We'll work something out, we always do." Sam assures her. Zosia nods and leans into him as they listen to the wind and Andy's constant snoring.

The next morning Zosia sits leaning against Sam drawing as the others sleep, Andy snoring constantly. Jake groans and sits up making Andy and Felix wake up aswell "I feel like I've been dragged through a grand final." he remarks. "You didn't sleep, Sam? Zosia?" Andy asks. Zosia shrugs "Between your snoring and that storm? No chance." Sam responds. "It was no storm." Felix tells them. "Oh, what do you suggest then, Felix? Zombie apocalypse?" Jake asks. "I think there might be forces at play which we don't understand." Felix explains. "Ooh..." Jake jokes. Andy gets up and heads to the door "Andy. Wait." Felix tells him as he opens it. He walks outside making Zosia sit up "Guys, you might want to see this." he calls back to them. The four of them stand up and follow Andy out to find a spiral surrounding the hut, the hut being the center "This isn't good." Felix comments. Jake kicks the markings "Don't do that!" Felix tells him. "What's the big deal? Stuff gets knocked around in a storm." Jake shrugs. "Yeah, knocked around. Sure." Zosia remarks sarcastically.

"It looks like trails or markings. Some kind of large animal." Andy suggests. "What's the biggest thing around here?" Jake asks. "Wombats, wallabies, drunk townies?" Zosia asks. "The panther. From the bush. That explains the howling." Andy tells them. "Genius." Felix says sarcastically. "No, no, I've heard about those, on the radio." Sam responds. "It must have used the storm as cover and these must be drag marks." Andy explains. "Like a spirit force or something." Felix says. "Felix, your brain's been fried by all that heavy metal. These are trail bike markings, obviously."Jake tells him. "Not everything in this world has an easy explanation." Zosia comments making Felix agree. "Show me anything, I'll explain it to you." Andy tells her. "Us, here, now." Sam responds. "I'm working on that. But I'll find an answer." Andy sighs. "I hate this." Sam comments. "My advice is to lay a system of traps and alerts." Andy suggests. "Do whatever you want, Bear Grylls. I'm gonna find out what this means." Felix says going to get his bag. "Was that supposed to be an insult? I love Bear Grylls." Andy asks. "I'll help." Jake tells him. "Really?" Andy asks. "Don't get excited. I need something to take my mind off how hungry I am." Jake explains. "We've got to find bait." Andy says. "By "bait" you mean food?" Jake asks. "Yes." Andy nods. "Anything that panther has, I'm having too." Jake remarks as they start to walk off. "Actually, Jake, your digestive systems are totally different." Andy tells him.