Chapter Five

Zosia sits on her 'bed' drawing as the others eat breakfast "You not eating Zosia?" Andy asks

Zosia sits on her 'bed' drawing as the others eat breakfast "You not eating Zosia?" Andy asks. Zosia shakes her head and carries on drawing in her book "What you drawing Zosh?" Sam questions looking over at her. "Jack Skellington." Zosia responds showing them. "Damn, you drew that?" Jake asks. Zosia shrugs "I like drawing." she tells them. "This porridge is gross." Andy suddenly comments. "Oh, poor baby..." Jake pouts. "But it's not even cooked." Andy points out. "Harden up, Andy, porridge is the breakfast of champions." Jake tells him. "Oh, a raw food movement, cool!" Sam smiles. Andy's stomach grumbles making everyone look at him as Felix walks over "There's nothing left." he says. "You snooze, you lose." Jake shrugs. "Thanks a lot, so-called friends." Felix retorts. "You're welcome, freak." Jake tells him. "Will you stop calling me freak?" Felix asks. "No." Andy and Jake respond at the same time. Zosia glares at them and hands Felix her portion Sam had put to the side "I'm not hungry." she tells her brother. Felix smiles and walks out holding the cup and spoon "I thought freakiness was his thing." Jake comments. "Doesn't mean it's nice to be called one." Zosia responds. "Do we have toilet paper?" Andy asks. "Dude, we don't even have a toilet." Sam points out. "Ugh." Andy groans as his stomach continues to make noises.

Zosia rolls her eyes and walks outside, sitting by a tree near the hut as Sam follows her "Why you not eating?" he asks as he sits next to her. "No offence to Jake but I don't like porridge when it's warm, let alone cold." Zosia shrugs. Sam chuckles "You like my mum's." he tells her. "Yeah but it's your mum's cooking. Everyone likes anything she cooks." Zosia points out making Sam nod in agreement. Zosia moves slightly and puts her arms round her middle "What's the date?" she asks Sam. "Uh... 18th I think. Why?" he asks looking at her. "Werewolf week." she tells him. "Ah." Sam remarks. "Yep, lucky I keep stuff in my bag at all times otherwise I'd be screwed." Zosia responds. "Where we heading to today?" Jake asks as he and Andy walk out the hut. "Town." Zosia says getting up but wincing slightly. "Woah, what was with the wince?" Andy asks. "Andy, you have a sister. Think about it." Zosia responds before leading the boys towards the path. "What's having a sister got to do with anything?" Andy asks. Jake frowns before realising "Oh." he says. Sam nods before following after Zosia. "What?" Andy asks. "Girl problems." Jake tells him. "Girl problems?" Andy asks confused. "And you're meant to be the genius." Jake sighs as they go to catch up with Zosia and Sam.

Once in town the four of them head to the Main Street "This is a terrible idea. We should be laying low." Andy says. "No, no, no, no, we impress a few people, elevate our social status, and then it's good bye scavenging. People'll be lining up to invite us to dinner." Sam responds. "You know, speaking of jobs, we could try making some cash." Jake tells them. "Way ahead of you, big man... Hello, Bremin. Prepare to fall in love with me. Again." Sam smiles winking at Zosia before going off with the skate board. "Fascinating. It's like he's the president of his own fan club." Andy comments making Zosia roll her eyes before going and following Sam. "Wait up." she tells him making him stop and turn to face her. "What trick?" he asks. Zosia shrugs "Anything that makes you look awesome, so everything." she tells him. Sam chuckles and starts skating and doing small trick to try and get some money "All righty, give generously to a skater in need. I'll be here all day. Okay? Hey, don't forget. I do requests. Anyone...?" Sam asks the crowd. Sammy walks over with Jake's dad "It was him. He broke into our house." Sammy tells Jake's dad. "I thought it was a mate's place." Sam tries. "There was a break and enter at Bremin High last weekend. You know anything about that?" Jake's dad asks as he takes the board. "No." Sam shakes his head. "You from around here?" Jake's dad questions.