1 | Alveron

Alveron was a known planet

Alveron was a known planet. Known for its peacefulness and its rulers, one stronger and more determined than the ones before. They were also known for their powers, which were passed from ruler to ruler, father to son, blood to blood. With their powers, the rulers trained their own army, the strongest army the universe has seen. Their defenses were the best there was, almost no one could get even close to the planet for an attack.

Almost no one.

It started like any other day for the royal family.

Elbereth Aurora Dumont, the youngest child of King Elronzo and Queen Aerin of Alveron, woke up to a body falling on hers and the windows lightening, letting the suns brighten the room.

She groaned and blindly tried to punch the person resting on top of her, but she was held in a bear hug and could do nothing but hide her face in her pillow.

"Good morning Ellie!" Her oldest brother, Arcturus, the handsome flirtatious prince of Alveron shouted in her ear. She waved her hand towards his face until it made contact and he let out a quiet 'ow' before releasing her.

Elbereth glared at her brother as he rubbed his face and then looked at her other brother, Atticus, the charming and goofy crown prince of Alveron, who was grinning widely.

"Why can't you wake me up like other Alverian do? A knock on the door would have done the job, or better yet, let Beretha do it like she's been doing all my life."

The matching grins on the brothers' faces were identical, a grin she had often seen on her father and on occasions, on the mirror.

"And what kind of brother would that make us?" Atticus said and plopped himself on the bed next to his siblings.

Arcturus sprawled on the bed and answered, "Bad ones."

"Then I envy those who have bad brothers, the peaceful moments they have must be blissful."

Their carefree moment was ruined with a single knock on the door and then the voice of a guard, requesting their presence in the throne room.

For the past few months they have been spotting warships in their orbit, drifting in and out, never getting close enough for a full detection but close enough for the orbit guards to notice them.

Since the first few spottings of the warships, the orbit guards had been on high alert and the Alverian army was told to double the security of the planet.

Ellie knew her father calling them had something to do with their current situation even before the doors of the throne room were opened.

The sight of her father and mother, proudly sitting on their thrones rosed a feeling of warmth in her chest.

Aerin Dumont stood up and walked the little distance between them when they neared, holding her daughter's hand and laid the other on her youngest son's cheek, and looked warmly as her eldest rested a hand on her shoulder.

"My beautiful children," the soft and usually cheerful voice of the queen held a touch of sadness and mixed with the deeply worried look in her gaze alerted the three of the upcoming threat.

A threat to their planet, people, and their family.

Soon Alveron was no longer the peaceful planet it used to be. Children were ushered to the secret tunnels with volunteered caretakers while the rest were outfitted for war.

Before Elbereth knew, the once peaceful street, the colorful buildings, and the happy melodies were no more and we're replaced with ashen streets and ruined homes. The hymns were replaced with the sound of wounded soldiers and fighting.

Alveron was no longer peaceful.

Elbereth remembered they fought bravely. She remembered pushing back the enemy, of them retreating. She also remembered when they came back, stronger and in more numbers.

She remembered when her father was slain, the heartbreaking screams of her mother, and the shout of outrage from her brother.

She remembered soldiers falling one after another like they were nothing more than leaves, falling from the tree and crumpled under feet.

She remembered her brother, now the king, ordering a small party of his men to take her and her mother out of the orbit, for them to be taken to safety.

She protested, so did her mother, but their cries were ignored and soon a ship was ready.

And that's when he arrived.

The mad titan, Thanos, marched across the battlefield.

She remembered watching from afar, how her sweet brother faced him and how he fought. How he lost.

Her mother's sobs continued.

She remembered Atticus strode towards the giant purple alien. How the new king fought.

She didn't get to see how it ended, she was ushered abroad the ship, and in the panic and chaos, she noticed her mother not following her. 

She screamed, begging for her mother to not leave her, to come with her, but the Queen smiled with tears falling from her eyes and then turned away.

She didn't remember much after, but she recalled the burning pain in her chest, the powerful energy coursing through her veins.

She remembered being informed later on, when she was safely on another planet, how her family were all dead.

And so was half of the population of Alveron.

Alveron was peaceful until it wasn't.

Alveron had a royal family until it didn't.

Elbereth was a princess until she became a Queen.

A queen far from her kingdom.

°.┈┈**┈┈

I absolutely adore this plot, a big thanks to Winter326
You're amazing and I'm honored to be able to write this.

I have to admit I cried writing this, the Dumonts made me very attached to them even tho we didn't really know them.

Can't wait to dive in!