3 | Hala

Living in Hala was much better than the situation the princess of Alveron had back in Knowhere

Living in Hala was much better than the situation the princess of Alveron had back in Knowhere. As a political guest of the planet, she was provided with anything she needed, she was treated with respect and allowed to roam as she pleased. There were restrictions to her roaming of course, but the pros outweighed the cons.

As a princess, she was content. She had a comfortable room, with clothes that were fitted for her and means to entertain herself.

But as a warrior, she was restless. The training rooms were for those who required them and in the eyes of others, she as a political guest and a princess had no need for them. She did her usual exercises in her room or when she found a quiet spot outside the four walls, but training by herself and having someone who could challenge her were two different things.

When they first met in Knowhere, Elbereth had mentioned it to the leader of the unit —Yon-Rogg—that she wanted to fight, and was told it would be arranged. However, weeks after that and there were still no words from Yon-Rogg or his promise.

Fortunately, it didn't take longer than a month before she was contacted by Yon-Rogg, who told her she has been allowed to work in his unit and under his supervision. And that's how she became part of the StarForce.

°.┈┈**┈┈

Vers was confident in her powers and the training she had before joining the StarForce.

But she was sometimes too confident in them. A few days before the unit's mission to Knowhere she ended up breaking her ribs and was told that under no circumstance was she allowed to go on the mission. So she never had the chance to meet Alveron's remaining royalty.

She had certainly heard of her, she was a favorite topic among the Kree citizens and the news of her home planet had reached far and wide. There was hardly any intelligent life with the knowledge of outer space who hadn't heard of the fate that befell Alveron and the Dumonts family.

Yon-Rogg was also very interested in her. He had talked about her and how it would be very beneficial to have a Dumont on his team.

Lately, he had nothing to do but to run around Hala convincing Supreme Intelligence to let her join his unit. They weren't against it, just hesitant. This wasn't an everyday thing and Elbereth held a position of power beyond any of them. She was the last of her bloodline and the future Queen of one of the most formidable planets and kingdoms in the galaxy. If she was harmed —or worse— on a mission, they would have to answer not only to Alveron, but to the rest of the Galaxy.

Many planets relied on Alveron for protection, stability, and its power to prevent wars.

But they finally gave Yon-Rogg the green light, under the conditions that she would not be allowed on their more dangerous missions —no matter how useful she could be— and that she would not be sent in alone, or put in a situation where she could be harmed.