Ow :(

I stepped over yet another tree root and sighed. Lotte was walking behind me, jabbering away to Loki. His frown deepened as he listened to what she was saying. I could occasionally feel eyes burn into the back of my neck but kept on walking, a steady pace I was determined not to break. I ducked under a branch and turned to my left, almost crashing into an invisible Rebecca. She pushed me away and I wobbled then fell, hitting my head on a tree trunk. Darkness clouded my vision and I groaned once before falling unconscious.

*

When I woke up it was night time. Rebecca was visible again and was sleeping on the grass on the opposite side of the clearing. A shimmering blue light radiated off her and I realised somehow she'd managed to create a force field covering the entire clearing in a gigantic safety bubble. Lotte was also asleep, brown coat covering her like a blanket. I moaned quietly and held a hand to my head. Whenever I moved I saw stars and there was a ringing noise in my ears. I kept my head as still as possible and fought off the pain by biting the inside of my cheek to stay awake. I didn't want to slip into unconsciousness again.

"Are you awake?" Loki asked. I jumped and cried out softly as my head spun. A green light was flowing from Loki's hand to the back of my head and I frowned. 

"What are you doing?" I murmured. Loki looked a little guilty and the light vanished. I hissed in pain and my hand sprang to the back of my head.

"I was trying to heal it," he mumbled. "Magic doesn't work on you, sorry."

"It kept the pain away," I groaned. Loki's hand glowed and I realised how exhausted and pale he looked. I took hold of his wrist and lowered his hand.

"You need sleep," I said. "Seriously."

"So do you," he countered. I shook my head and winced.

"I've been unconscious for what, three hours? And you say I need sleep?"

"Your brain merely goes into shutdown whilst unconscious, it does not rest. It turns off." My shoulders slumped and Loki smiled smugly.

"I won't sleep unless you do," I said suddenly. Loki's eyes narrowed and he huffed through his nose.

"Fine," he said, wrapping his arms around me and falling back. I squealed and fought him off, head pounding but still laughing my Tigger laugh. Loki laughed too, the first happy sound I'd hear him make. His laugh was like a polite chortle but longer, richer, fuller. A genuine chuckle.

"You laughed," I said in amazement. Loki shrugged.

"So?"

"You have got to stop being human."

"Why?"

"I... You... Asgard.... It wierds me out, okay? If you're going to become a Midgardian then take it slow, for Odin's sake."

"You tell me to stop being a Midgardian but you use Asgardian dialect?"

"Stop ruining my plan with logic and reason."

"Sorry, Lady Georgina."

"Shut up!"