Chapter 15

[ANYTHING IN ITALICS IS A FLASHBACK]

THE NEXT WEEK, IT WAS TRAINING DAY,
this was the day where all the students practiced for Burned Ones.

Anya remembered Rosalinds training and how harsh that had been.

Anya, Saul and Farah stood in the crowd with Aisha who had taken Callums job after his...untimely death.

This time, everyone was paired up, one specialist and one fairy and they were trained to be a perfect pair.

Anya and Saul had been a pair when they had trained and their training had lead them to be able to take down over a dozen Burned Ones.

They walked through, Farah staring at Bloom and Sky who had finished their training exercise.

Anya and Saul were still hiding their relationship from the other students, not wanting to stick out like a sore thumb or disrupt them from their learning.

"That'll be attempt five for Bloom and Sky," Aisha explained as they walked past the river.

"And?" Farah asked Musa who was sensing how they all felt. She thought for a second, her eyes turning purple before she looked at the teachers.

"Hes slightly winded, she's frustrated but neither of them are fatigued," Musa explained, "They know that I'm reading them but it still feels invasive, can't I use my magic for better uses"

"Not all fairy magic is suited for combat roles, support is equally, if not more, important," Anya said, her hand discreetly brushing against Sauls as they walked.

"Your magic can help us assess fragile states of mind or uncover hidden enemies," Farah explained, a dark undertone to her words.

"Like Beatrix?" Aisha asked, Farahs head whipping round to look at her after she asked the question.

"Exactly," Farah said with a calm voice, not even trying to hide anything from the students who seemed to find everything out anyway.

"How is she, by the way?" Musa questioned, "Have you found out why she killed Callum?"

"Lets keep focused," Farah said, ignoring the question as she walkes ahead of them.

"Shes fine," Anya mouthed to Musa and Musa smiled, turning her focus back to Farah.

Saul and Anya managed to escape, her holding his hand as she practically dragged him through the empty hallway.

He pulled her into a supply closet, pushing her up against the door as he kissed her.

"Saul, we're in school," she protested as he kissed over her jaw, craving her like a needy school boy.

Sky walked over, knocking on the door as he saw Anya in the small window on the door.

They turned to look and saw Sky standing there, shaking his head at them as they pulled apart.

"So much for alone time," Saul joked, straightening his hair out as he opened the door, greeting Sky.

Anya pulled her shirt down, following after, "I'm surprised you two are still a secret, making out on supply closets is like, teenage level," Sky said.

"Well if you yell it around, it won't stay a secret," Anya joked, smiling at Saul as she wiped lipstick off the corner of his lip.

"But seriously, pairing me with Bloom seems pretty obvious," Sky said, deciding it wasn't the time to make a joke about how obvious their relationship was.

"Well Blooms a powerful fairy, you're a powerful specialist," Anya explained, making hand gestures to go with it.

"You're weird when you're in love," Sky said, narrowing his eyes at Anya and Saul.

"What have you found out?" Saul asked, interrupting Sky and Anyas conversation.

"She hasn't mentioned her roadtrip with Beatrix," Sky explained, "Bloom isn't some mastermind, the more time I spend with her, the more I'm convince of that,"

Sky took a deep breath, looking at the floor. He looked almost sad and Anya couldn't understand why.

"What is it?" She asked and he looked up at Saul and Anya with a slightly upset expression.

"Stella's gone. Riven is a mess, you two are all lovey dovey and the person I'm spending most time with, I am spying on," Sky explained.

"What you are doing matters, you have to trust me," Saul said, "Everything I do, and everything I have done is to keep the Otherworld safe, its something your father and I had in common,"

Saul and Andreas barley had anything in common and that was it, they were patriotic but in completely different ways.

He sighed, looking at Sky, "And yes, it can be lonely, it has been lonely but there is an honour in that Sky," he explained.

Sky walked away, Saul looking at him with an almost heartbroken look. He was reminded of that day back when they were younger.

"Although with the way you fought that Burned One, Sky might be more useful," Andreas said, Saul thinking back at the memory.

Saul sighed, "How would you know how useful Sky is? When was the last time you saw your son?" He asked.

"Now, now boys, come on," Anya said, looking at Saul and Andreas.

"Is he dissecting again?" Andreas asked as he walked over to Ben and Farah, the former of which was touching a dead Burned One.

"What do you think?" Farah said jokingly, smiling to herselr

"We've still got a lot to learn from them, or we could contaminate it," Ben said as Andreas kicked it with his boot.

"Not bad today," Rosalind said, walking over from across the hill, looking down at them.

"Two minutes, fifteen seconds. That's they fastest that you've brought one down," she explained, "Lets try for under two minutes next time,"

Anya looked at Saul, the two sharing a knowing look. Anya never got on well with Rosalind, they never really clicked like Rosalind and Farah did.

986 words