Chapter 24

ANYA STOOD NEXT TO ROSALIND in the stone circle, watching as Bloom faced up against another student

This was the new way of doing things, Rosalind had implemented the same violent techniques that she had taught Anya with during her time at Alfea.

"Your emotions are a tool, nothing more, nothing less. They're a power source and you've been told to control them," Rosalind explained.

Everyone had seen Anya had been looking older, more tired, thinner. She hadn't been the same since Saul was put in prison and everyone could tell.

But she couldn't cry or worry, reverting back to the emotionless soldier Rosalind made her to be. Plus, she was always teaching with someone else to make sure she doesn't go rogue.

"In combat, you need to rely on instinct," Rosalind stated, watching as the two began the fight.

Bloom was losing, never finding the opportunity to strike back. She began to get angry, fire burning until she looked at Anya.

She had heard the stories of Rosalinds torturous training and wasn't going to let it change her. Bloom extinguished her flames and walked back into the group.

The lesson went on like normal, Anya trying to forget that the man she loved was going to be on trial later that day.

After the lesson finished and all the students dispersed, she stood with Rosalind, nervous.

"I want to go to the trial," she stated, Rosalinds head whipping around.

"You'll do no such thing," she ordered, not even entertaining the thought.

"If you let me go, let me see him, I'll be the good little soldier you and Andreas want me to be," she begged, following after Rosalind as she walked away.

"You've got to let him go Anya, your love makes you weak, you can have the afternoon off," Rosalind said, "I know you'll want to have time to grieve,"

A lot had changed in the last year. Two months after Saul went missing, she found out she was pregnant. Now, eight months later, she had a baby girl who didn't know her father was in prison.

"I want to see him, he's mine and I am his, he deserves to know he has a child," she exclaimed, "It isn't the first time you've done this to me, taken away someone I loved,"

"He's a traitor to the Otherworld and if you don't want to be deemed a traitor too, then I'd suggest you stay," Rosalind said, raising her voice..

She couldn't let Rosalind win. If she kicked Anya out, there would be nobody to look after Sasha.

☆☆☆

ANYA WALKED ACROSS THE
field, Sasha in her arms. The girl was only seven weeks old but she had her father's eyes and a calm demeanour.

She spotted the girls from the winx suite across the field, walking over when they called her.

After a bit of small talk, Musa took Natasha from her arms, holding the little girl so that when they told Anya the news, she wouldn't freak out too much.

"Anya, they're sending Saul to Polaris," Stella said hesitantly.

Anya froze, her chest tightening as she realised what this meant. There was a high chance that he would die there. She'd never see him again. Never be able to hold him again, their time together had been cut short and she couldn't face the facts.

She looked over at Sasha, the baby girl would never get to meet her father, never get to share his love.

Terra saw how awful Anya looked and held onto her arm, knowing she could fall over at any point or go into shock.

"The Frozen North, its like a death sentence," Musa stated, a horrified look on her face

"What he did was self defense, Andreas would have killed him if he didn't fight back," Anya stated, "It's not fair,"

"Who's his lawyer?" Bloom asked and Stella scoffed at the suggestion.

"You think a courtroom drama played out? Bloom, this isn't the first world," she explained

"Come sit down Anya, you look pale," Terra said, helping the girl onto the blanket below.

"There was a tribunal, then a decree from the Queen. My mums not going to change her mind, its happening tomorrow and Andreas is leading the trasfer," Stella explained

"We have to do something," Bloom stated.

"Historically, letter writing campaigns have proven very effective," Terra suggested but everyone ignored it.

"I agree with Bloom, we do something active, felony wise," Anya stated, knowing she wasn't going to let him go.

She was going to fight until she had nothing left to give just to make sure that Saul came home.

"Going up against Solaria is a pretty big step up from last term," Musa said, rocking the baby gently in her arms.

"You guys aren't coming with me," Anya stated, "I'm not letting you be taken down with me, if I don't make it out I can deal with that, but I can't risk your lives too,"

"Saul saved us last year, so we're going to save him," Terra said, "Plus, you've got to make it back for this little one,"

"The Solarian guard is brutal and they're focused," Stella explained, worry evident on her face.

"Silva can take us to Dowling, restore the school," Bloom said. Over the last few months, she had been focused on bringing it all back to normal, hating the new regime Rosalind had forced on them.

"If we let them banish him, how longs it gonna be until they do the same with you Anya, or my dad," Terra said, looking over at Anya.

Ever since her mother died when she was young, she had seen Anya as that figure and she couldn't lose her. Plus, she was basically Godmother to Sasha and couldn't let her lose a mum too.

"Just to be clear, we're talking like, full jailbreak right?" Musa asked and everyone nodded.

"Yes, but if we get caught, you're leaving okay, if I say run, you run. Got it?" Anya asked and everyone nodded.

She took a deep breath, bracing herself for a full scale jail break.

1127 words