Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own Fate/Stay Night or anything, please support the official release

Chapter 4: Illyasviel von Einzbern

A man and a boy sit on the porch as they stare vaguely at the moon. The man had black hair, pale skin and vacant black eyes. He was wearing a plain black yukata. The man looked sickly and fragile, as if he'll collapse at any moment if you even touch him.

"When I was little, I wanted to be a hero of justice."

The boy looked at him skeptically. "What? You wanted to be one? Did you give up?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's unfortunate, but... being a hero is a limited-time thing. When you grow up, it gets hard to call yourself one." He sighed. "If only I had realized that sooner..."

"Yeah. Well, since you couldn't do it, I'll do it for you." The man turns to face him. "You're an adult now, so you can't do it. But I can. Leave it to me... I'll make your dream come true."

The man laughs at the proclamation. "I see... I'm relieved." He gives the boy a small smile before closing his eyes.

It was the last time he opened them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is the unfamiliar ceiling that greeted me, "a hero of justice, huh?" I muttered.

"Urrgg... my head. Is this what a hangover feels like? What happened last night? And what was that dream?" I mumbled as I rubbed my head.

[As a result of summoning a Servant, the Masters are able to glimpse through their pasts in the form of dreams; it's now apparent now that this side-effect works both ways]

"Ori? Fuck... why do I feel so weak?" I groaned.

[Your Boosted Gear entered its "Burst" state, quickly draining all of the power you stockpiled. You then collapse from the sudden relapse. Turns out you were using too much power just to keep up with Berserker]

"Remind me never to do that again." I said.

[No promises]

I rolled my eyes.

"It seems you have finally woken up..."

Archer materializes beside me with his arms crossed. "Your loud snoring annoyed me to no end. Another minute longer and you would be dead." He said exasperated.

I scratched the back of my head and gave a nervous chuckle.

[He's right you know]

"Rin has asked me to watch over you while she and your Master are at school. Apparently, she has detected faint traces of a Bounded Field on campus." Archer said.

A Bounded Field? Sounds like Shinji and Rider have made their move...

[You may want to take caution if you decide to go to their school]

"But if there's a Master at the school, then shouldn't you be with Rin and Shirou to protect them?" I asked.

"Rin said that my presence would alert the enemy Master that we are onto him, so she suggested I stay here and protect you in case you're attacked." Archer explained.

"Ahh, that's very nice of her." I said.

Archer snorted, "personally, I would have killed you while you were asleep. It would have made this war go a lot more smoothly."