24 | Slytherin Meeting

You could not wait to go to the ball with your soulmate, as Minerva told you that Severus had never been to the event with anyone else before. He was not a person who would enjoy such things, but he would, if he found the right person to spend his time with. And you were the perfect person for him in everything he did.

However, your excitement was replaced with nerves when you received a letter from your parents, inviting you to their party this weekend. Their words seemed nicer than usual in the letter, and it was freaking you out a bit as you thought that they must had something really important to talk to you, and they needed you to come to the party. 

Folding the letter carefully and keeping it in under a piles of books, you let out a sigh. It felt odd to go back there, when you no longer find it as your home. But they were really keen in having you during the party, for the reason in which you would never know unless you really come.

You put your head in your hands, your parents' faces crossed your mind. You felt guilty for not wanting to visit your parents, when they literally raised you up in their home. But then again, money and gold were not enough for a child, as you could not remember when was the last time you felt loved by your parents.

You knew you should not feel guilty, when your parents did not even try to love you. All they did was manipulating your thoughts, causing you to believe of how hopeless you were, until you resorted to giving love to everyone else, as you never wanted them to experience what you were going through.

A smile found its way on your face, realising that it was time for you to see Severus for the dance lesson. You did not wait any second to get out of your office, leaving the horrendous thought about your family behind, as Severus was the only thing on your mind now.

As you walked into the room, all eyes were on you, including Professor Snape's who was explaining something to his Slytherins. You waved at him and stood at the back of the room, your smile never dropped from your face even if you were actually very tempted to walk over to him and give him a kiss.

While you were mustering all the professionalism as a teacher, Severus could only think about how stunning you were. You took his breath away as you walked into the room, stealing everyone's attention for you, with your sweet smile that matched your lovely personalities.

Severus thought that it was not possible for a person to become prettier every day, but you surely became more and more beautiful for him. Every time his eyes locked with yours, he fell in love with you all over again, feeling his erratic heartbeat in his chest. 

You frowned when he kept staring at you, and you noticed a few students were realising it too. But before you could say anything, a student was bold enough to shake Professor Snape from his thoughts.

"Professor, you were saying about the ball?"

The student reminded him, and Severus cleared his throat, realising that he was too enamoured by you that he almost forgot about the students. You held back a smirk as you shook your head at him, seeing him trying to get back to his students.

"We all know the ball is approaching. Slytherin house is known for having perfect manners, and I expect you to maintain our good reputation during the ball. I am compelled to guide you so that none of you will make foolish mistakes on the dance floor." 

His deep voice sent shivers running down your spine, and you sighed in content, thanking the universe for blessing you with Severus Snape as your soulmate. This man was perfect from head to toe, and his voice was one of many other things you adored about him.

"Professor L/N, will you join me please to demonstrate the dance."

You nodded, smiling as you made your way to him on the dance floor. Severus bowed slightly in front of you, offering you his hand. His heart was beating rapidly against his ribcage, feeling nerves wrecking his soul as he looked you in the eyes. The power you had over him was tremendously magical, he knew it now.