25 | The Ball

The ball was anticipated by every single soul in Hogwarts, as there would always be surprises each year. It was the time when the students could enjoy themselves, forgetting about their studies for awhile while the teachers could loosen up for the night.

But none of them was expecting to see Professor Snape on the dance floor, dancing, with his soulmate. Yes, the news spread around the school ground really fast and it was impossible for them to not knowing about your unbreakable bond with Severus. However, they were not expecting him to ask you for a dance, when they were used to seeing Severus as the grumpy teacher who ruined their fun.

You could feel their eyes on both of you, and you did not miss the victorious smile upon Minerva's face. She was so proud to see how loving Severus was towards you, and no words could tell how happy she was to know that Severus was showing you off to the world, instead of pushing you away.

"They're watching us."

You whispered, a giggle was threatening to erupt in your chest. Severus smirked, unperturbed with the students' gazes on you and him. He was used to getting nasty glares from them, so seeing the shock on their faces was not bugging him much.

"How could they not? You're the prettiest girl in the room."

He said, his heart soared when you chuckled heartily, shaking your head at his attempt to flatter you. His charm was always working on you, though.

"The prettiest girl in the whole world, actually."

"I never knew Professor Snape could be so sweet."

You pointed out, smirking as he rolled his eyes at you. Severus looked over your shoulder and noticed how Minerva was smiling at him, and he knew she was going to tease him endlessly about the dance. Not that he would care. He was making you happy, and that was all mattered.

"Only for you, darling."

His words sent heat rising from your stomach to your chest, and you could only grin at your soulmate.

"Am I really the only one in your heart?"

"The only one."

He assured you, his eyes never leaving yours. Severus feared that you would doubt your place in his heart, and he never wanted you to feel that way when you were the only person who had a home in his heart and soul. He would spend his lifetime proving it to you if he had to.

The gleam in your eyes was enough to let him know that you believed his words. It was easy to trust him, when you could see how smitten he was with you, and it seemed like he could not be away from you. Severus was tempted to claim your lips with his in a passionate kiss, but he held himself back, thinking of your reputation and his as professors.

"I can't wait to give you the world, Y/N."

He found himself pouring his heart out, not minding if he was dancing with you on the dance floor with people around him. He could not stop himself, as he wanted you to know how devoted he was to you.

"I don't need you to give me the world because I have you. You are my world, Severus."

The music was coming to an end, but everyone was still staring at the most feared professor who had a smile on his face. They could not believe their eyes as you and Severus walked over to the teachers side of the room, hand in hand, a smile was decorated on the Potions Master's face.

Both of you were enjoying each other's company when Albus came, smiling. Everyone was over the moon to see how close you were with Severus, as they knew how far you had come since the first time you found each other.