C08: A Waltz to Remember

We started our day by going to the downtown places while everyone is fixing their things or the rest of the noble members of society are coming today for Duchess Olivia's Party. The party starts at five for the guests to arrive. Maxwell still didn't remind me about the dance. After lunch, I spend the rest of the day practicing inside alone. I hadn't seen Hana, Drake, and Carter all day, especially Carter, it's a little disappointing but I felt the responsible on Carter's shoulder.
I stopped immediately when Max pops out of my room to check on me and tell me to get ready for an hour because Olivia will receive her guests. I went to my pop-up closet and chose my diamond-crusted long sleeves that laced perfectly with the fabric design of an icy blue ball gown. Hana knocks on my door and sees that she is wearing a silver moonlight-inspired gown.

"Ta-da... how do I look?" she asks me immediately as I open my door.
"Fabulous. You're going to set the ball on fire, I mean, hallucinate them with your moonlight presence," I said complimenting her looks, "Everyone's going to be talking about your dress."
"You think so?" she asks me while I invited her to come in.
"I'll force people into awkward conversations about it if I have to," I said, and she laughed.
"Is this the one you gonna wear tonight, at the royal ball?" she said pointing at my dress.
"Yes," I said.

Then I get the dress and wear it on my own and tell Hana to zip at my back like what I did to hear the first time we met each other.

"It's so beautiful. You look like a magical snowstorm," she said complimenting my looks.

Then I hook up my pieces of jewelry included my silver clip, my icy head crown, my lucky necklace, my favorite sapphire ring, my icy bracelet that compliments the head crown and my snowy braid, and of course my pocket watch. I put my make-up on, fast but beautiful still.

"You still use the pocket watch?" Hana asks me shockingly.
"Yes, I do."
"Why?"
"Well, I'm old-fashioned and it gave more intense when you look at the time plus it has an emergency mirror on it," I said while showing to her the powers of the pocket watch.
"Wow, that's intense,"
"Well, I feel like a real princess in this dress and make-up,"
"Shall we be off?" she asked me then Maxwell just texted me.
"Well, Maxwell is already on his toes there, so let's go," I said.

We went to the function hall of Lythikos. It was all Silver and white design fit for snowy festivities in summer. We found Maxwell in the center of the ballroom, and he bows at us formally.

"Ladies... it's a pleasure to see you tonight and Lady Jackson, I must say, you utterly becoming. Truly, a diamond of the first water," he said sounded like Bertrand would say.
"That's... unusually formal of you. What gives?" I ask him.
"Tonight, I am representing the Duchy of Ramsford at this social event," Max said like it's like a normal explanation.
"That sounds like something Bertrand would say,"
"He's been calling me all night to remind me," he said sadly.
"Ah... you've got to be on your best behavior or else Bertrand will get on your case?"
"Pretty much," he pouted then Hana changed the topic.
"Ooh, Olivia hired a full orchestra to play tonight!" she exclaimed.
"Of course, she did. She's European Sharpay Evans," I said sarcastically.
"I've heard you're quite the musicians yourself, Hana," Maxwell said.
"Oh, no. I'm not... " she quickly defended her skills.
"Really, I feel like I remember hearing that you were a virtuoso pianist."
"I still play from time to time, but only for fun," she said.
"Maybe Victoria will lend us, her beautiful voice once again," Hana suggested.
"Uh-uh... Not in front of Olivia and her visitors, and I like to hear you sometime!" I spoke.
"I actually found a piano in the parlor here. I was considering sneaking over there to play tonight... You're welcome to join me, Victoria," Hana invited me.
"Sure. I will." I said to her then she made a squeaking sound of excitement.
"But for now, we should be getting to our seats,"

I glance around the fancy ballroom, and I got the feeling where I will be sitting because after all, Olivia is in charge, but I ask him anyway.

"Where are we sitting?" I ask Maxwell.
"Haven't you guessed?" Maxwell said asking me back then I raise my eyebrows, "About that. Turns out I'm sitting at the head of the table with Olivia and the Prince... but you two are at the farthest table in the back. I guess Olivia put together the seating plan,"
"Olivia's making me sit in the back. The jokes on her. The company will be MUCH better at our table, No offense, Maxwell."
"None taken. Hell, I'd join you guys if I could!" He said enough loud, "Er, I mean, I should say, Olivia has greatly honored me," he says, and Hana and I are trying not to laugh.
"Don't worry, we won't tell Bertrand," I said to him.
"Sorry to leave you guys, but..."
"Don't worry about us, Maxwell. Victoria and I will make the best of it!"