C10: The Allies Beach Party

Mid-morning Royal Regatta Bay Area

Lady Kiara, Penelope and I walk into Hana's yacht. Decadent chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne flutes are set out next to cushioned seats and silken pillows. Her three dogs namely, Blackie (German Shepherd), Goldie (Golden Retriever), and Flurrie (Corgi) line up at the entrance while Kiara just giggled when Drake assist her to get up here while Penelope is gushing with those dogs.

"Welcome to my humble yacht..." Hana said.
"All aboard!!!" Maxwell says excitedly.
"Wow! Everything here is so nice," I told her.
"It's a public appearance, and my family wants to look good in front of the royal family. They think it's of the utmost importance that I impress everyone here, no matter how extravagant the display."
"Color me impressed. Seriously, just one bottle of this champagne is probably worth more than what I made in a whole week waiting tables in New York," I said then the boys raise their eyebrows at me, and I shot them back down.
"Well, what's mine is yours. Please, whatever you want," Hana said thankfully didn't notice the boy's reaction.

A waiter approaches with a tray of chilled champagne flutes and mint water.

"Well, Victoria, Lady Kiara, Lady Penelope, I extend my family's hospitality, please choose from it."
"Wow! You got a lot in here and to think we're seven only plus the servants also," Penelope said, "Oh... but no chocolates for you..." she told the dogs.
"This is luxury. No other stuffy overrated nobles here. Just us?" Kiara questioned and we nod, "Oh... So, quiet!" she said with relief in her face.
"I'm happy you get along with them," Hana said while scratching Goldie.
"Of course, not many know this but I'm a dog whisperer. Dogs are my stress reliever," Penelope said.
"As they should be because they are truly lovable creatures."

Then I take the flute of champagne and we all clink our classes together. Looking around, I see at least a dozen of waiters at the ready. Few bottles of champagne rest in chill buckets.

"This is a lot of champagne, even for a party,"
"Well, the ship is new and hasn't been named yet. Naming would've been cause for celebration. But since you're all here, I'm hoping you'll help me christen it?"
"You want us to voice our opinion about naming this yacht of yours..."
"Yeah, it'll be fun. Right, Max?"
"Sure... " then he was thinking deeply.
"Not octopus, obviously... " Kiara said and that made Drake laugh...
"Oh... C'mon!!!" Maxwell whined when he was caught thinking that.
"What do you even name a ship? The flying Cordonian? Heart of Gold?" Kiara suggested, "Aphrodite..."
"Paw Patrol?" then we all look at Penelope...
"Seriously, Paw Patrol?" Kiara said.
"What?!!!"
"It's not a security boat or something that the navy uses," I told her.
"Something sexy... Something sweet... Some are spicy and it was..." I was saying my thought out loud.
"Seafood!" Maxwell said.
"It's not a fishing boat! Max," Drake said laughing out loud.
"C'mon something close to your heart, Hana. This will be your boat. It's your chance to name something you like... and not be judged by other people," I told her...
"I really like the word Freedom in it..."
"Lady Independent," Drake suggested.
"Liberty Furline," I suggested.
"Oh, my goodness!!! That's genius!!!" Penelope said, "Mind-blowing," and then she made a sound effect.
"Liberty equals freedom then Fur is dogs then the line is shipping line..." I told them.
"All aboard!!! To Liberty Furline!!!" Max said while doing a Johnny bravo post.
"Dang... Victoria. You got good in naming things..." Kiara said and I mock bow to her.
"Not so fast. We need to officially christen her first," she said turning to me and offering me a bottle of champagne.
"Hana, you should do it. It's your boat after all," then I sing the last part.
"Here goes nothing."

Hana takes the bottle and smashes it against the railing. The foamy beverage runs down the side of the boat.

"Woooo!!!" I shout, "Liberty Furline is officially in business."
"Just in time for the race too... the boats are taking their positions, Penelope said.