Part 10

The harsh summer rain poured down on the streets of New York as Wanda and Dr. Strange walked out of the portal into what appeared to be an underground warehouse. Stephen could hear it now, Loki saying some sarcastic comment about the rain bringing dramatic effect before promptly complaining about it. He sighed softly with a smile. 

"What are you smiling about?" Wanda asks as the two of them search the warehouse for the others and the witch. Stephen was snapped out of his thoughts

"hmm?" 

"You're distracted." 

"I would have to disagree." Dr. Strange insists. Wanda raises an eyebrow. oh

"You are aware that I can read minds to an extent right? I could just see what's got you distracted" 

"Why would you do that?" 

"Because, you're guarded, and you barely smile about anything let alone rain. And I wanna know what could distract someone who was a literal surgeon" Wanda explains with a hint of snark. Stephen sighs, B

"it's really nothing Wanda I can assure you." He says as the two search for the others. "There is no need to go digging though my thoughts" They were confused to see no one when suddenly they're pulled too behind a shelf filled with crates. 

"what the hell-"

"shhhhh'' Carol and Bucky cut Wanda off. 

"what's going on?" Dr. Strange asks quietly. 

"The witch lady made multiple copies of herself that are patrolling the area now, one hit from them and you're out cold" Carol explains. 

"How do you know-?" Dr. Strange starts to ask but his question is answered when Buck gestures to the unconscious Falcon behind him. 

"I see" Dr. Strange mutters. 

"This is ridiculous" Wanda says under her breath as she peeks through the shelves at one of the copies. 

"I have a plan, '' Dr. Strange says, looking at the others.

  Loki hadn't moved. His body shut down, overwhelmed with emotion and fatigue. He didn't know how he felt, he just knew that he didn't want to feel it at all. Emotions were very complicated things and Loki did not like to deal with them at all. Ever. He's never been the best at dealing with them, and all they have ever done for him was make things harder. Loki was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize that he was now in the endless void once again.

"Well someone doesn't look happy" The Scarlet Witch says with faux sympathy, appearing out of the darkness.

"Shouldn't you be busy fighting the Avengers?" Loki asks not in the mood to have a chat. 

"A women can multitask"

"What do you want?"

"Just to talk, Is that so Wrong?" Loki sighs. 

"I don't want to talk" Scarlet Witch shakes her head with a sigh 

"what makes you so resistant to give me a chance Loki?" 

"Well for starters you've taken over my mind, that is not exactly trustworthy." Loki says with his usual snark.

"How else could I get your attention? When you've constantly got that sorcerer breathing down your neck." Loki glares coldly 

"oh? Did I strike a nerve?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"why don't you go bother someone else, I will not be a subject of your mind games." Loki snaps. The Scarlet Witch laughs 

"this is so much more than a game Loki. But very well. I shall finish off my pursuers now" and with that she disappeared. Loki clenched his jaw. when suddenly he heard a voice, a young woman's voice.

"Hey, hey come over here." the voice called. It was raspy and sharp.

"Yeah yeah! Come here" a boy's voice now, his voice sounded similar to the other's. Siblings perhaps. 

"Who's there?" Loki called sitting up. 

"You'll see, you'll see. But you need to come out of your room and find us." The voices said. 

"And why should I trust you?"

"Because!"

"We're stuck!"

"Come find us"

"we are in the library"

Loki stood. Was this a good idea? He hadn't a clue. But he had a feeling the two wouldn't stop bothering him so he thought it would be better to just get it over with.

"Well the library is quite large so you're going to have to be more specific."

"We can guide you"

"just step into the library"
Loki sighs as he steps out of his room into the library.

"Good!"

"yes yes good. Walk forward, and go down the stairs on your left"

"This better be worth it" Loki says, making his way down the stairs using the wall for support.

"why is he so slowww?"

"shhhhh, he can hear you y'know there is no need to be rude"
Loki just shakes his head as he gets to the bottom of the stairs. 

"alright where to now?"

"go to the back on the left."

"you'll see a table covered in jewelry"

Loki did as the voices instructed, and found exactly what the voices had described. Before him was a table covered end to end with jewelry. Gold, Silver, Brass, Copper. All kinds of precious stones in; Rings, Necklaces, bracelets, cufflinks. Anything you could think of in the matter of jewels was there. Loki couldn't believe all of this was here without him knowing, but the moment he got close enough he instantly knew why. Every single piece was enchanted, even some of the individual stones.

"The box! open the box!" the voices chimed.
Loki's eyes narrow 

"There are multiple boxes on the table you're going to have to be more specific." he mutters as he looks over the table looking at the many boxes.

"uugghhhh The Box"
Loki was getting irritated 

"Witch box?!-" Then something caught his eye, and he knew it was what he was looking for. "Oh. That Box" At first glance it looked like a very large book, but as he got closer the details became more apparent. It was a blackened metal box, the sides were engraved with vine work with rubies as fruit, and emerald leaves. The top of it was similar with an exception to the mirror that covered it almost entirely

"Look in the mirror!"

"Yes! Yes, look in the mirror"

Loki did what he was told walking up to the box gently and looking in the mirror. The moment his reflection was fully visible in the mirror, it vanished revealing the inside of the box were laid two knives. Loki smirked, he had found the source of the voices. They appeared to be completely gold. Intricate engravings and black inlays covered the entire blade and handle which was some black material. 

"You found us!"

"Now let's go for a test run shall we?"

The two spoke as Loki picked up a knife up in each hand. The moment he held them Loki could feel the tiredness and aching fade from his body. 

"A test run hmm?" he questions raising an eyebrow as his smirk turns into a mischievous grin.

"Yes of course!"

"We must see how well we work together"

"I'm sure we'll have lots of fun!"

"Now let's go save The Sorcerer Supreme from certain death."