Part 5

Loki was exhausted. Physically, emotionally; all of it. It had been a couple of weeks now. And things were so... quiet. Loki didn't know how to deal with it. His mind went back to when he'd first woken up. He had a normal conversation with Dr. Strange over tea. A normal conversation. At least most of it was. Loki was still rattled trying to figure out what to do after what Dr. Strange had explained. He knew he would be a prisoner essentially either way.  But.. Maybe staying here wouldn't be so bad? Or it could be terrible. At this point Loki didn't have a clue. All he knew was that leaving here and getting caught would probably be the worst option. It was around 2 a.m. now and Loki was wide awake looking at the ceiling. He just wanted to sleep, but he couldn't and it was irritating him more and more by the minute. At least he could barely feel the stab wound at this point. Not that, that was what he was thinking about at all. Loki couldn't even focus enough to read. Just walking back and forth in his room. He suddenly heard footsteps outside. Was it Doctor Strange? What was he doing up?

Dr. Strange was in a similar situation to Loki. Not being able to sleep for his mind wouldn't shut up, But his reasons were different. The reason he had been out that day was investigating a strange magical anomaly. it had been appearing and disappearing for a few days now. Except for today, today it had gotten bigger, and it was growing. Dr. Strange had managed to keep it on the down low for now. Unfortunately, at the rate the anomaly was growing now he would have to warn The Avengers about it. He called up the first person he thought of that would be awake and be thinking properly at this time, luckily he guessed right. Bruce happened to be awake at his place working on a project of his, when his phone rang. He raised an eyebrow as he answered

"well I surely didn't expect you to call me so late, or early I should say."

"Bruce this is an emergency" Dr. Strange says getting to the point not knowing that Loki was overhearing the conversation.

"ahh, I was afraid that.. What kind of emergency are we talking?" Bruce asks.

"some sort of portal or dimensional rift has appeared here in New York. It's about to open or rupture and whatever comes out of it will either be dangerous or very desperate. We need everyone who has time to spare."

"I'll see what I can do. But Tony just went home so don't plan on seeing him."

"at least notify him of it if you can. Thank you. I'll send you a message with the location." Dr. Strange says before hanging up. Loki smirked. A portal? To a different dimension? Now this sounded like a solution. Loki could take the portal to another world and start over completely. No more Avengers, no more older brother, no more having anyone hate him for what he did. He could be free. All he had to do was convince Dr. Strange to let him come.

Stephen was about to create a portal when Loki stepped out of his room. He sighed irritated at himself for forgetting about Loki.

"What are you doing up?" he asks

"I want to help." Loki says simply. Dr. Strange's eyes narrow. Of course Loki overheard.

"You want to help prevent everyone in New York possibly dying." he says, not exactly trusting  him.

"well, I'm one of the people living in New York aren't I?" Loki retorts. Stephen almost chuckles at that

"are you trying to be funny?"

"Look, I don't want to just sit here and do nothing when there is a rift that could explode at any moment," Loki says seriously. Stephen thinks for a moment.

"fine. But if you try anything-"

"I'll get taken to space against my will. I get it" Loki Interrupts. Dr. Strange sighs