Escaping the St. Anne

"Goldeen, try and find a place to escape!" Misty said, deploying Goldeen into the water.

"Goldeen, goldeen."

You and your friends had explored the ship to where the water stopped, going down in the ocean but up on the ship. Turns out; it was upside down. You, Ash, Misty, and Brock waited on the staircase at the end of the hall. Sitting. Standing. Walking in circles. Waiting. More waiting. Just as you felt as though you had waited for as long as your brain would let you-

"GOLDEEN!"

Goldeen surfaced from the water and brought with her a very drowned Team Rocket. You gasped in fear and shock and pushed past Ash to see them. You practically screamed when you saw the state they were in: clothes waterlogged, hair matted. They looked like zombies.

"Team Rocket?!" Ash, Misty, and Brock gasped. You and your friends all leaned over Team Rocket in a curious disgust.

They groaned, but soon realised who was above their heads. They screamed too and stood straight up. You didn't get out of the way in time and James and you smacked foreheads. You both lost your balance and fell backwards. James fell into the shallow water and you fell onto Misty.

"Sorry Misty," you laugh. James looked pretty annoyed being back in the water again. You laughed. Walking over, you took his hand and helped him back up. Even though you only held his hand for a few seconds, it was enough to make you nervous and blush.

"Y/n! Stop with the silly business! We gotta fight Team Rocket!" Ash huffed, in a ready position with Pikachu.

"James, you can recruit a harem later! We've got a job to do," Jessie snapped.

You and James both had your jaws dropped angrily. Before you could yell at both Jessie and Ash, Misty interrupted you.

"Everyone! What matters more, winning a Pokémon battle or escaping this ship alive?" Misty begged. Everyone mumbled the second option awkwardly.

Misty dragged everyone to the hall so it wasn't so squishy. "Now, shake hands," she ordered, "all of you." Jessie and Ash looking in pain as they shook hands; both squeezing incredibly tight as though they wanted to rip the other's hand off. James and Brock were trying to be mature about it, but there was still an angry fire in each other's eyes, as though they really hated each other but didn't want to say anything. You and Meowth shook hands. You were both pretty chill about it, as Meowth didn't really care about you.

"There, done!" Jessie said, throwing her hands up in the air, "are you happy now?"

"No, I'm not," Misty said, perfectly calm. Jessie looked furious. "I want you to shake hands with everyone. Including me."

Jessie shook Misty's hand with questionable force. Ash rolled his eyes and shook Meowth's paw. You felt a horde of butterflies start a disco in your stomach when you held James's hand. A light blush passed over his cheeks, but you didn't notice as you were too busy staring at the floor. Her fingers are so long and her skin is so pale, James thought in surprise, but you wouldn't have noticed normally. How strange.

"C'mon Misty, I think we're all on speaking terms now," Brock sighed.

"Okay. But no fighting!" Misty warned.

"Says the short-tempered pretty little princess," Jessie muttered.

"What did you call me?" Misty snapped.

"I called you a short-tempered pretty little princess. Or maybe short-tempered ugly fat princess is more accurate," Jessie answered dryly.

"YOU LITTLE-" Misty yelled, but Brock slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Misty, you just said no fighting. Calm down," Brock ordered. Misty sighed and was silent.

"So, how do we escape?" James asked. You nod, also wondering that.

"Well, lucky for you, I made a model St. Anne when I was younger! So we can get to the thinnest part of the hull and swim out!" Misty said gleefully.

"Do you have a water Pokémon, James?" you whisper to him. He shook his head.

"Nor does Jessie. I've been wondering how we'll get out. Although, I do have a Magikarp..."  James trailed off.

"Well, I suppose Magikarp will have to do," you whisper back, "but Magikarp isn't exactly known for its... reliability."

"Jess did tell me that," James muttered.

"It's okay, if Magikarp won't help you, then you can borrow Dragonair," you said.

"Oh," James said, face brighter by your sudden act of kindness, "thank you."