Troublemaker. (Childe x Reader)

[ inspired by " POV: you're fighting childe but he keeps flirting with you" @ ventiffin on YT ]

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvdPy-wIg&t=245s ]

-

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

The heels of his black, slim shoes echoed throughout the Golden House, haunting you from your right and left. The scenery was glittering with infinite piles of shiny, gold mora. Intricate patterns of the familiar symbol decorated the interior, covering each of the eight walls and also the flooring underneath, a hexagonal pattern carefully carved into the surface with the large triquetra in the center as the main display.

A cough left your mouth, some blood escaping and dripping to the cold floor. The hand which you wielded your bloodstained sword was slightly trembling, with your other hand curled into a weak but tense fist. Your legs bent slightly inwards, tired from the countless dodges you had performed. Indications of an intense battle were visible on your clothes, a few splatters of dark red painted all over.

"Tired already, hmm?" He said in a playful manner from across the room. Wielding his water swords flowing with an elegant yet deadly power, he walked slowly towards your position threateningly.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

The menacing sound surrounds the room, once again haunting your ears. You looked up from your position and saw him approaching closer and closer, his red cape flowing as elegant as his weaponry. The sight of his smirk which he proudly displayed on his face, as if he had already won the battle, made you scowl in frustration. You quickly readjusted your body to form a more composed position, expectant of any dirty tricks the ginger boy may make on you suddenly.

"My my, what's with the look? You're gonna burn holes through my eyes if you keep looking at me like that, dear." He said with a look of childlike innocence, which only fueled your annoyance.
"Would you like me to carve holes into your pretty face, then?" you said in retaliation, "since you seem to want it so badly."He only responded with a charming giggle.

"How rare it is to hear you sound so bold and hostile, my dear. Yet every time, you always sound so hot and attractive doing it, and I can't help but fall in love all over again."

You almost choked hearing that last sentence, your face warming up and flushing with a light red. The charming and flirtatious Childe had come out again. It's not unusual for Childe to make these unexpected remarks, but it never fails to catch you off-guard every time.

"God, you just don't know how to keep your mouth shut, huh..." you responded, too embarrassed to keep up the bold character.

You'd think these remarks during a battle would only anger you, but when it comes to Tartaglia, he is a special case. No matter how frustrated he makes you feel during battle, you can't help but admire his strength, his superiority complex, and of course, his way with words that play with your heartstrings ever so charmingly.
He's just someone who seems to be impossible to completely hate.

He was only a couple feet away from where you stood now, still standing as confidently as ever with that attractive smile you hated but secretly liked so much.He made his swords vanish, and then suddenly grabbed your chin gently with his fingers to tilt your head upwards to his pale face. The gaze which he gave was alluring, catching all of your attention to his ocean blue eyes. Too surprised to react, you stood there and gazed into his eyes with an anxious yet flustered glare, unsure of what he was going to play next.

"Make me shut up then, brave one. Or must I do it myself?"

@$&(?!:#\!

A numbing sensation spreads throughout your mind after hearing that leave his mouth. You almost dropped your sword when your hands loosened from the remark.

You finally snapped out of his trance, however, after you regained your strength, and stepped away from him. Still flustered by his remark, you made sure to not back down once again.
"There's the confidence I love to see. My apologies, was I too much to handle?" He said, clearly showing no shame.

You let out a little laugh. "Hah.. you wish pretty boy. I won't lose to the likes of someone like you. Never."

The water swords appeared in his hands once again. Childe stepped into position, clearly fueled with intense excitement and a lust for battle. He smirked once again, his bright eyes reflecting the golden glow of the mora shining around the room.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

"Amuse me then. Let me see what those moves do, and don't you dare disappoint."

-