Unexpected Offer. (Childe x Reader)

[ inspired by: "hitting on childe at the mcdonald's drive through | a playlist" @ventiffin on YT ]

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQev4VMuPg&t=654s ]

-

As you arrived at the window, you parked your car, rolled down the car window, and prepared the payment in your hands as you waited for your server to arrive. Shifting through your dollars, you took out a total of five dollar ones, then prepared the cents. However, you realized you were short a few cents.

You had only brought enough money to buy yourself a decent meal, leaving your wallet back at home without worrying of shortage.Not wanting to waste your server's time once they arrive, you desperately searched throughout your car, from the car door to the cup holders, any cent that could contribute. Time was ticking, and you rapidly skimmed through every corner possible in the car. Unfortunately, there was not a single penny in sight to be found. Looking down at the only five single dollars you possessed currently in your hand, you clenched your hand into a semi-tight fist in frustration.

"Shit," you muttered, "I messed up."
"Oh my, is something the matter?"

You were surprised to hear the unexpected cheery voice coming from the window. You quickly turned around to see an attractive red head resting his chin on his hand perched on the edge of the window, looking down at you with a flirtatious smile. Likely around the age of a young college student, he was surprisingly tall, and his hands were slender yet remarkably defined. He was wearing the typical McDonalds attire, with the black cap and the basic black and blue suit, along with the clip-on mic, yet his slim figure seemed to have fit the outfit almost flawlessly, making him look ridiculously attractive in such an outfit. You then came across his gold nameplate on his torso: Childe. His vibrant ocean eyes immediately captured your attention, and you couldn't help but stare back into them for a moment before he had interrupted the awkward silence that had began to fill the atmosphere.

"Ahaha, I see you have good taste, hm?"His flirtatious remark had caught you offguard, making you snap out of his trance immediately. You flushed out of embarrassment, not realizing that you've zoned out in the middle of your order.

"Fuck," you muttered under your breath, "I'm sorry, I zoned out a bit because you were just.. not what I was expecting at all."

"Watch your tongue, darling." He responded playfully, clearly knowing you were smitten by his charming wordplay. "And is that so? Haha, I didn't think you'd find me that appetizing."

Wow, he has some nerve. Some very attractive kind of nerve.
Nevermind, you realized that you hadn't paid for your meal yet, and the despair began to settle in once again.

"I'm sorry," you began, "I don't think I could pay in full. I didn't being enough cash."
Childe let out a "hmm" and nodded his head. "I see, is that the case?"
"Yes, unfortunately. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause tr-"

He hushed you suddenly, making a "shh" noise and putting his finger to his lips. He leaned down from the window to come closer to your car, merely a few inches from your own body. He lowered his mic, raised his hand to cover his mouth from the side, and whispered closely to your face,

"How about I put this meal on the house? Sounds good?"
"Huh?" you questioned, not expecting the sudden offer. "Oh no, you really shouldn't-"
"This is a one time deal, dear. And I'm not the type of person to let people off the hook so easily."

His intent sounded threatening at first, but his attitude was laced with a genuine and generous tone. Was he really being this lenient for a single customer he's never once met?

"You can't possibly," you responded perplexedly, "I can't just scam you out of your money like that."
"No worries, darling. A few cents isn't anything to me compared to someone as attentive as you."

My god, does he have a way with words. Seeing as you might not win over this time consuming quarrel, you reluctantly agreed to his offer and paid him the five dollars you held.

"Coming right up!" He said cheerfully. It didn't take long for him to return, and he handed you your long awaited meal and drink along with the receipt. You noticed there was some ink writing on the back, however, and flipped it to see the name "Ajax" along with a series of numbers. Followed with a message:

"Call me sometime. I'm looking forward to it :)"

You looked back at Childe in the window, who only tipped his cap charmingly and winked as he closed the glass panel and walked out of view within seconds, leaving you no chance to retaliate.

-