Jealousy. (Diluc x Reader)

[ inspired by: "POV: you're called into diluc's office | a playlist" @ ventiffin on YT ]

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7tNAPR49GM&t=393s ]

-

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Standing patiently yet anxiously in front of his wooden office door, you fumbled with your hands as you waited for his approval to enter. No sound could be heard from the other side, the empty, quiet corridor at which you waited in filled with only the subtle sounds of the clock's hand ticking. It was 7:12 PM, an unusual time for Diluc to be calling you during the day. Why did he call for you so suddenly at this late hour, you wondered. Was it more intel about the Abyss Order that he managed to find out? Did his secretive identity as the Darknight Hero get revealed? The possibilities of what he called you for was endless, and it only made you more anxious as they continued to clutter in your mind.

"Come in."
His deep voice was startling, but you quickly recomposed yourself to look more mannerly. Dusting of your clothes and adjusting your hair, you took a deep breath to relieve yourself of the stress that has accumulated. Staring boldly at the door in front of you, you held the doorknob, and hesitated a bit before you turned. Once again, you took a deep breath, shook your head to rid of any traces of trouble, and finally entered the master's office.

Shelves upon shelves of books decorated the walls, modern pictures and vases lying about. The window across your view showed the midnight sky, the bright moon peaking from the upper corner. The room was dimly lit with an orange-yellow hue, candles flickering and glowing across the walls.

And in the corner of your right eye, sat Diluc Ragvindr behind a large desk in a cushion chair. He was dressed rather fine, his lengthy fluffy hair tied into a high ponytail with a satin black ribbon. Wearing a black long sleeve topped with a white button up vest, the red gem in the middle reflecting the burning glow of the candles. His hand were crosses in front of his chest, and his expression told you that the matter was serious. His sharp ruby eyes pierced into your own, sending you subtle chills down your spine.

"Have a seat." He said in an intimidating tone, and without hesitation you obeyed, sitting in the chair on the other side of his position across the desk. A silence went on, with the two of you intensely staring at each other without a word, creating an awkward atmosphere before you decided to initiate the talk.

"So, Master Diluc.. what did you-"
"Why were you with him?" He said suddenly, cutting you off immediately.
"With who, sir?" You questioned anxiously, taken aback by the sudden statement. He sounds more intimidating than usual, and he already was before this meeting. You prepared yourself for what he might throw at you, making sure you don't show any signs of weakness.

"The Captain. Why were you with him again?"

"You mean Kaeya? What did he do this time?" you asked, knowing that the master and his brother didn't have good terms with each other.
Despite their rivalry, however, you still enjoyed spending time with the Cavalry Captain whenever you could, since he was such a like able person in your eyes. And what did the master mean by "again?" He has never called you before regarding about his brother, so what happened to have stirred so much intensity in him? And why now?

"You shouldn't be getting involved with him. He doesn't have good intensions, you know."
Only getting more confused with every phase he's making, you replied, "But isn't he the Captain? He's an honorable and loyal protector to Mondstadt for their wellbeing and safety, how could he be a bad person?"

He glanced to the side, with more seriousness accumulating than before. Suddenly, he stood up from his seat, and walked to yours. You began to grow even more anxious than before, but continued to try and remain calm in front of him, yet made sure to keep up your guard.From behind, he held your shoulders with his two hands, one tracing to your chin slowly, and then lifting it up gently to have you look up into his eyes from above you. He stared down with a serious, yet also oddly relaxed expression. The situation made you grow flustered, a slight pink blush growing across your cheeks. What was he going to do to you, you wondered nervously.

"From now on, don't tag along with him anymore." He said, still staring down into your eyes with that serious tone and his hand lifting your chin.

"What.. why, sir?" You asked, still flushed by his movements. His grip, although gentle, was strong enough to not make you want to resist, as if he didn't want you going anywhere at all.

And suddenly, with a deep and possessive tone, he answers,

"Because you're mine. I won't let anybody have you, as long as I'm here."

Your heart began to beat even faster, and your mind almost went blank from his words. You felt as if you were going to pass out in his grip. The blush spread across your face even faster, and you felt your face warming up.Diluc bent down from behind, his hands still on your shoulder and chin, and knelt to your side, his hands tracing down your body. Shivers went down your body from his touch, as he stopped to hold your hand and hip in his firm grip. You turned your body to look at Diluc, who was looking at you with the most sensual look in his eyes, yearning to hold you tightly.

"Why don't you stay a little longer?" He asked suddenly.
"Sure but.. why, sir?" You asked nervously, his grip making you melt even more as time passed. He rose up from his kneel, his face only inches away from yours. Holding your hand even more tightly than ever, he continues to stare with an intensity that only makes you more numb by the second. And after a few seconds of sensual quietness, he responds.

"I'll make sure you will never leave from my sight again."

-