Off-Duty Mischief. (Kaeya x Reader)

[ inspired by: "breaking into a mall with kaeya | a playlist" @ ventiffin on YT ]

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k37YxRRlgA&t=3s ]

-

"Oh my, I didn't think you'd actually show up." He teased, flicking your forehead gently and playfully. "For someone with the title Honorary Knight, you do have some rebellious blood in you, huh?"

"Oh be quiet. Even an honorary knight has to have some fun sometimes and break the rules, don't you agree respectable Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius?" you responded, teasing him back.

He chucked lightheartedly, a subtle blush warming up his cheeks which made you smile.

"You got me there dear. Now, let's break out of character, shall we?"

Grabbing your hand, he led you through the darkness of the midnight, swifting past the hidden security cameras without trouble and looking back to check up on you every now and then. How did he manage to do it, you'd never know. The moonlight shone on his skin, showing his beautiful melanin and his pretty blue eyes that sparkled back at you. His cheeky smile as he ran past the obstacles, giving off a sense of childlike wonder which caught you in awe.

So this is what Kaeya was like off duty. What appeared to be a serious, demanding captain in the day, turned into a silly, lighthearted rebel. How you wished you could see him like this more often, without the demand for work around Mondstadt. To be able to see a completely hidden and contrasting side of Sir Kaeya that you've never got to witness yourself personally, making this moment even more special.

The running only lasted for less than a minute, the both of you arriving at the back of the mall in no time. Taking refuge behind a large bush, the both of you sat down for a moment, taking a quick breather. Your heavy breaths were in sync, tired from dodging the careful lens of the cameras which lied about the area.Your bodies were facing each others, a hand on each other's back. Both of your eyes met, a moment of intimate tension forming in those few seconds. His starry eyes hypnotized you, and you couldn't help but fall in love with the captain all over again. How beautiful he was, how admirable he was, how rebellious he was.

You felt your heart do several backflips as he laughed quietly with the most heartwarming, childlike smile you've ever seen appear on his face.He then gave you a tight hug as you both were sitting and crouching behind the bush. Surprised by the sudden action, you accepted it without thinking, hugging back with the same energy. You closed your eyes in happiness, wishing this moment could last forever. Just you and the Cavalry captain, disregarding your roles momentarily, and breaking the rules without a care in the world, sitting under the shining moonlight behind the mall.

"You know," he suddenly started, still hugging but talking in your ear, "you're more fun than I thought. I didn't think you'd have this hidden side of yours. How curious."

"We all gotta have some mischievous fun too. It's boring playing hero all the time."

"You have a point there." He finally released his grip, holding onto your shoulders with his hands as he continued to look into your eyes with a spark for trouble. He came closer to your face, covering both of your guys' right cheek with his palm, and whispered with a playful voice,

"Take whatever you want, darling. It's my treat." he said, finishing with a wink.

Smiling back at him gratefully, you nodded, and the two of you rushed to the back door to quickly break off the locks which sealed away the entrance to the mall.

Maybe Sir Kaeya does have his own definition of adrenaline-rushing fun after all.

-