Chapter 1: A New Year

Sophomore year, another year full of nothing. Everyday is so boring. I sighed. What was the point of getting up and even moving on? At this point I wanna be in my grave by now! "Ayano! get dressed, it's your first day of school. You don't wanna be late!". My mom yelled so hard my ears rang for a few seconds. I know she's worried about how I feel, she doesn't understand though, nobody does. "I'm coming! Give me like 10 minutes." I tried to yell harder than her, but I can barely even talk. My vocal cords need practice. "Who knows? Maybe you'll find the person that will bring feelings in your life? You never know!" My mom was trying, but she can't seem to get to me. My mother had told me she was like me when she was younger. She met my father and things drastically changed for her. That's why she always reminded me that I would find a person who will change things for me but I debate if that will happen.

I quickly changed into my white seifuku uniform. It kind of looked like I was a sailor's daughter. I quickly rushed downstairs grabbed the toaster and some bread from the pantry. "Ayano, eating a piece of bread won't fill you up. Here I also made some eggs for you." My mom was taking the eggs out from the pan. "No, it's ok. School starts in 10 minutes, I'll buy a bigger lunch from the cafeteria." I lied, I never had a big appetite. The toaster popped out the bread, I quickly spread butter on it and gobbled it up. I grabbed my bookbag from the closet and went off. I was running down the street because I didn't want to miss the opening ceremony, maybe Mom was right? I would find somebody new this year, somebody special. Then I bumped into something, everything blacked out.