Chapter 2: Taro

My elbow felt like somebody jabbed a sharp rock in it, I was on the sidewalk after all. I forced my eyes open. I saw a hand in front of me. There was a boy reaching out to me, I grabbed his hand. "I'm s-so sorry! I didn't see you there. Are you okay?" I nodded quickly, I was gonna be late. I looked at him straight in the eye.

I looked at him with my eyes wide open. My heart started beating so fast. I was feeling things I never felt before. It was like I opened my eyes for the very first time. I felt something, was it love? I wasn't sure anymore if I was even alive. "I'm terribly sorry! My name is Taro, what's yours?" I tried to speak, but my mouth was glued shut. "A-Ayano." My voice cracked, I couldn't stop looking at him. He was that perfect. Then I realized that I had heard the name Taro before, in my school. Could it be? Taro goes to the same school as me. "I'm sorry but I have to go now, school is starting! Nice meeting you, bye!" He left, I wanted him to stay. Everything turned back to normal again, all those feelings rushed away and my heart felt like it was tired. I looked at my elbow, there was a bit of a scrape. "Oh shit, I need to go to the infirmary on the first day of school, how dumb." I muttered under my breath.

I looked ahead of me and saw a girl. Her hair almost reached the ground, it was a splash of orange-red. "How many times are you going to be late Taro!? You can't expect me to show up at your house everyday just to wake you up! What's the point of waiting for you?" she yelled at him, how dare she! She can't talk to him like that. "I'm sorry Osana, if it's like that then maybe we don't need to walk together" said Taro. He shouldn't apologize to that red haired bimbo, he shouldn't need to apologize to anybody. "N-No it's not that.....just forget it! Ugh, let's just get to school before the ceremony starts!" She kept on yelling at him. Osana, Osana was her name. Taro and Osana left and I just stood there. Jealousy pouring into me like a jug of water pouring into a cup. No, never can anybody take Taro away from me.

I put the thoughts aside and hurried to school, in the back of my ear I heard a girl's voice. "Well, well, well. Will history repeat itself again?" History? What? Confusion wasn't what I needed right now. I ran as fast as I could to get to school. A teacher was about to close the gate. I approached the gates and slid right through and ran straight to the entrance of the school, I heard the teacher yell behind me. "Hey! You could have hurt yourself back there, be careful next time!" 

I entered the doors of Akademi High School.