He remembers (D)

Sirius remembers being 20 and witnessing love.

Lily and James were perfect, they were happy. Even with the war, it still felt like they could make each other smile. (He wished he could say the same about him and Remus.) 

They would always giggle and hold hands during meetings, and kiss each other good bye. It would be sickening if it wasn't the one of the only things cheering up the order. "They're young and in love, let's fight for them. " They'd say, smiling at the couple laughing. (He wished people would say the same about him and Remus.) 

People would praise them, asking how they were so happy in the middle of a not-so happy time. Lily would smile, James would grin, and they'd say "Because we have each other." (He wished he could say the same about him and Remus.) 

People would go up to them, asking about the ring on Lily's finger, asking when the wedding was. They'd tell them that they were so young and have already found their soulmate. (He wished people would say the same about him and Remus.)

Sirius was happy for them, even if his own love was falling apart. 

Sirius was anxious about the wedding, anxious about being the best man, anxious about "what if he turns into a stag in the middle of the ceremony."

 He wanted their love to be perfect, even if his wasn't.

At the day of the wedding, he clapped and cheered. He felt a smile on his face. It felt as though his face was breaking from now hard he smiled.

Sirius remembered his speech, which was mainly him embarrassing his brother. He was crying tears of joy when they both said I do

They all got drunk and laughed. They all took a photo, Sirius with his arm around his brother.

The hangover wasn't that great, but the memory was fantastic.

Even if the days that followed weren't.

Sirius remembers being sat down and being told that it wasn't worth it anymore. He remembers his throat feeling dry as he tried to force out a response. Even if he could speak, there was no reason to argue. No reason to shout and start another argument.

Because no matter how much he hated it, it was true. It was so true. Their relationship was like poison sticking to them both. 

He remembers walking out and crying against something. If it was James, Lily, the door frame, or even Peter, he couldn't remember.

All that he could remember was waking up in bed the next day and feeling cold.