Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"You're leaving?" Rapunzel questions, eyebrows raising.

"Shush!" Peter Pan holds out his hands, quickly looking around at the lost boys wandering around them. He hoped none of them heard and thought the wrong thing. "It's not a permanent thing. It's a few days thing."

They moved the camp to accommodate for her. They moved everything to the woods next to the bay, where she could still be a part of the fun. It was a way to make her feel less alone. It was Peter Pan's idea. 

She quiets down. "Where are you even going?"

The fact that she was wondering where he was going showed him that she cared. He paused for a second and questioned if this was the right decision. But right when he began to question his judgment, he sees Ariel a little across the way sitting down next to Felix who is sharpening a knife. He looks up to her and smiles to the red haired girl. He decided that though somewhat selfish, he wanted that back. Ariel and Felix, though two completely different people, were something in the mind of love. He wanted that back.

"Errands, Rapunzel." He smiles at her and rubs the pad of his thumb across a sparkling water drop going down her face. She shivers. "I hope you'll be still be here when I'm gone?"

"Where else could I go?" The flash of disappointment in her eyes just gave him more motivation to go.

"That's the spirit, love." Peter Pan stands and looks down to her. "I'll be back before you know it. The lost boys will keep you company."

She smiles softly at him. A small selfish part of him hoped that she will miss him unbearably. But he planned on not being gone long enough for her to miss him. He'll find his grandson, he'll ask his help, and he will. It is family. Rumpelstiltskin has to help.

Then, the guilt sets in. He's lying to her. But Pan set in, whispered, You're helping her, dumbass. She'll love us again with your help, and his decision was made.

He smiles back, waves softly, then turns to leave.

Henry wanted to cry.

It was a weird feeling. His nose started to heat up and his mouth instinctively formed into a pout. He tried to stop if from coming, but it of course came. No one would make fun of him in here. No one would call him a wuss, no one would tell him he needed to grow up. In his room, he could cry out for help and no one would hear. It was a good thing, knowing that he could do that.

He wasn't fully sure why he began crying. But the thoughts just kept on pilling up and suddenly he was thinking about every single damn thing in the world that was wrong with his life. It kept on going. Henry didn't stop it. It wasn't good for your soul to stop crying. So he didn't.

It slowed down after a while. Who knew how long, but it eventually did stop. He was glad that his mother was out with his other mother and probably others trying to solve some other town crisis that he wasn't allowed to get involved with.

The tears then didn't come out anymore, and his face became stale. Henry stands and moves over to his mirror and looks at himself. His eyes are red and his pale face is puffy. His eyes avert over to the dozens of pictures of superheros on his walls. He wanted to cry again.

"Are you okay?"

He would recognize the voice anywhere. Henry cringed instinctively, grabbing the first thing he sees and turning himself around.

"An umbrella?" Peter Pan questions, holding his hands up in defense.

He didn't comment on the mocking. He just quickly asks, "Why are you here?"

"You are aware of the fairy tale, right? It is different but not that different. I still can go to the real world."

"No," Henry snaps. "People don't leave their home unless there's something wrong with it. What is wrong with Rapunzel?"

He flinches, trying to keep his hurt from showing to the young kid. "That's why I'm here, Henry. I need your help."

Henry keeps the umbrella in defense mode. Peter Pan goes on.

"It wasn't that long ago that you left Neverland, Henry. I'm the real Peter Pan." Still no budge. "Rapunzel most have told you about me. Said I was a good person."

"She also said you were the person to ruin it and allow darkness and Malcolm in and for me to get kidnapped in the first place."

Peter Pan laughs, still holding his hands up. "Not one of my high moments."

Henry gulps, moving his eye contact from the boy in his room and the umbrella. Soon, he sighs and lowers it. "Why are you here?" He repeats.

He smiles and lowers his hands as well. "You showed kindness to Rapunzel when I did not. And I know you saw what happened to her."

He did. But once it was obvious that she was now a mermaid and unknowing of them, Peter Pan said he knew how to fix it. He left then, trusting her lover to give her the happy ending. He always did wonder what happened to the love story, but it wasn't too high up on his to worry list. "And?"

"Remember how I said I could fix her?" Henry nods, confused. "Well, I can't. I have tried every single thing that I can remember and I can't figure it out."

"So? I don't have magic."

"But your grandfather does."

Henry pauses. It was obvious that Peter Pan did not mean Charming.

"I need you to help me talk to him without anyone else knowing."

"Why?"

"If people know, there will be talk." He says, annoyed with the fact that the kid didn't just do as he asked. "I don't want people to scope out Neverland like it's some high land. It's already crowded as it is."

"Everyone already knows it exists," Henry mentions. "We told people when we came back."

Peter Pan didn't have time to complain about it at the moment. "Whatever, Henry. Just, please, help me. If not for me, do it for Rapunzel."

The girl had saved him from Malcolm's down bringing numerous times. She deserved a happy life. She deserved better than this. Love, passion, and everything in between.

"Alright." Henry finally says. "I'll help."