Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Rapunzel smiled.

Tinkerbell glared skeptically.

Ariel looked at both of them confused.

"You're bullshitting this entire thing." Tinkerbell says, moving her head to the side to get a different perspective of it all. "Just a day ago you hated everything about this. And suddenly, after Felix- Mr Mysterious Dark and Brooding- comes, you love being a mermaid?"

"He's helped me come to my senses." Which was entirely true. Everything he said helped her realize one thing: it was selfish of her to make Peter Pan ignore everyone else to help her. He needs to focus on Neverland over her. He already has paid far too much attention on her. Selfless, may she call it. She's hoping it will work out in the end. "There's no point in wasting my life away. There's so much ocean that I could never have traveled across before!"

Tink raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, smarty? How about a boat, then?"

Rapunzel had been beaten. She refused to show it though. "If you're really my friend, then you will respect my decision. It's not like you can't visit me."

"Yeah. Maybe I can even get someone to kill me, then we all could be the three best mermaids ever."

She sighed. Tinkerbell would be the hardest to appease.

"Look, R." Her friend sits down on the sand in front of her. "I just want you to be happy. And you can't not wonder about all of this, all of your memories and-"

"They're not apart me anymore." Rapunzel had to spit out the lie. She believed it was the biggest lie she would have to tell. "I don't care about them."

Unfortunately, her friend did not believe it for one second. "Stop! Okay? Just stop lying to me. I won't tell Peter Pan or whatever. Ariel and I are your best friends and you should be able to talk to us when your stuck in your own mind!"

Rapunzel looked over to her other friend. Her eyes were wide and her arms were holding around her legs. Legs. She was the real mermaid and Rapunzel was the one who was forced to keep the tail all the time. Envy was how she sometimes felt towards her, but she pushed it away. She had to push it away. "Guys, I appreciate it. But I'm fine."

Tinkerbell shaked her head with tears in her eyes, refusing to take it. "I know you. I know you more then you know yourself right now. You sacrificed yourself for everything. You are so freaking selfless that it becomes a pain in the ass. I need you to tell me the truth, Rapunzel."

"I am."

"R..." Ariel whispered.

"What? What do you want me to say?" She asked, her breath quickened and her eyes wild. "That I hate this more than I've ever hated anything? That I want to have legs, I want to remember every bad memory about everything? That I want to return the damn love that Peter Pan so effortlessly gives me that I'm not deserving of? Okay, fine! I want it all! It's extremely selfish and I hate myself for it, but I want it! But I know that if I don't back off and allow him to be his own person, then I will be to blame for once another Neverland tragedy. You guys refuse to tell me anything huge about my last life, so I'm guessing it kind of sucked. But I don't care. I want to remember it all. I want everything back."

By the end of her entire monologue, her lips were quivering and tears were brought to her eyes. She didn't want to say it. Why did she freaking say it?

"I'm sorry." Rapunzel whispers quickly, running her shaky hand through the long hair that is always wet. What was it like when it was dry? Stupid questions.

Both her two best friends were crying by the end as well. Ariel, by showing her friendship, took off her bracelet and slipped herself in the water. She quickly changed back into her real form, the same form that Rapunzel has resumed.

"You're not alone." Ariel whispers, hugging her best friend. Tinkerbell edged to the end of the beach, and reached her arms out. The two mermaids smile and open one arm to bring her in.

It was a sweet moment, Rapunzel found herself thankful for the small amount of times like this.

Out a bit from the woods, none of them saw the moving figure.

Peter Pan, listening in on the whole conversation, slumped to the floor. He could not handle standing anymore, for she was not happy. He backed off because she said she was happy, but she was not.

He knew what he had to do. He's been trying too long to figure this out by himself. He needed help from someone. Though the exact someone was going to bring back bad memories, there was no choice.

Peter Pan needed to go to the real world. To find his grandson.