Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Peter Pan gasps as he wakes up. It takes him seconds for the memory of a tree knocking him out to come back to him, and another few seconds to realise where he is.

"Peter." A familiar voice whispers. Peter Pan sits up slowly and faces his old friend while he is still on the floor and Merlin is standing.

"You brought me back to my old home? Really?"

Merlin laughs softly and crouches down to face him. "I didn't choose it. Considering it's your head... you chose this place."

Peter Pan shakes his head slowly. "What are you talking about? How are we in my head?"

"I have no life force right now. Whenever someone touches the tree.... I am put in their head. I can give them memories, or prophecies, or simple conversations."

"How were you put in that tree, Merlin?" Peter Pan asks, staring at his old friend with worry filled eyes.

"I am the tree," Merlin smiles. "I've known extreme lows. A simple tear has given me this power."

"A tear." He repeats, contemplating how to call his friend crazy. "Are you sure about that?"

"We don't understand the powers we were given that day. We still don't, Peter. Every day you still discover a new thing you can do. It's an ongoing challenge."

Peter Pan wants to say something else, but there's nothing else to say. He has found his friend. He has found the fix to all of his problems.

Instead of answering, he moves sluggishly and sits down on his front porch. It creaks under his weight.

Merlin follows, sitting next to his old friend. "This is bringing back memories."

"An awful lot." Peter Pan agrees. "Why did we ever agree to do that dumb mission?"

"We needed to prove ourselves, I guess."

None of this would've happened if they hadn't taken the mission to find the cup in the first place. Everyone hated them before they took it, and they still hated them after. After they saw what the cup did to them, and what it did to others, they got rid of it. Hopefully never to be found again.

If none of it would've happened, though, Peter Pan would not be possible. He would be dead, along with Merlin, and Camelot nor Neverland would be possible.

Worst of all, he never would have found Rapunzel.

"A girl." Merlin whispers. "You're capable of love."

He looks over at his friend, and they both chuckle. "I suppose I am."

Merlin does not answer for a few seconds, probably thinking over something. Peter Pan remembers when they were mortal, he would always have random pauses in his words. Some things never change, even with hundreds on hundreds of years to fix them.

Finally, he comments, "She's the reason you're here."

Peter Pan notices the disappointed look on his face, and nods solemnly.

"I suppose I'm not to be surprised. You haven't visited me before, you wouldn't now."

"You don't know what I've been through." He sighs, "I can't leave the island. I shouldn't be gone now. But I no longer have a choice."

Merlin pauses again and then asks, "What is wrong with your girl?"

"She's stuck in a form that is not her own. After she sacrificed herself to fix my mistakes, I put her into the lagoon to heal her- like what we did so many years ago. But when she came up, she became a mermaid. Nothing I can do will change her to her previous form." He stops to take a breather, and Merlin waits patiently for him. "Even worse, she doesn't remember anything about her previous life. Including her feelings for me."

Peter Pan doesn't know what to expect of Merlin. He was aware the huge impact of wizardry that the world has told stories far and wide of. But he doesn't even know if the great and powerful Merlin could fix this. He was terrified to come home and bring back nothing for her.

"There might be one thing." Merlin finally answers, his face worried as he stares at the floor.

Peter Pan's eyes widen as he looks at his old friend. "What? What is it?"

"The cup, Peter." Merlin whispers. "The cup would fix her."

❧❧❧❧❧

pretty short, but I don't know how else to end it haha

so I made another ouat fanfic, about Goldilocks' story, if u wanna check it out on my page;)

btw I committed to my dream college! I'm going in August and I am so excited. I'm majoring in writing and English and minoring in marketing and it's gonna be a blast.

ALSO, IS ANYONE CAUGHT UP WITH OUAT BC WTF

thank u for reading!! vote and comment what ya think pls:)