Chapter 2

Inside a round shrine built by rock, there was a small altar placed in the center of the shrine. A young girl was floating next to the shrine and she was holding a small sphere inside her palm. The way she looked at it and smiled showed as if she found a new toy. The mysterious girl had a young-looking and cute face and had long and pink-tied twin-tail hair. She wore a blue and white dress, which the chest part opened, showing the upper of her breast. On her right belly, there was a black and white knot attached to it. The dress was a bit short and showed her legs. She also wore a long black sock on her left leg and a pair of brown boots.

"I didn't expect someone would come here in the middle of the festival," the young girl spoke. She acted as if she was not surprised at all when a shadowy humanoid figure started surfacing behind her.

Al stepped into the shrine, and he did not say anything. He questioned himself that why a girl would stay here. But then, he felt something. The aura from the girl was different than anyone he had seen in his life.

"Oh?"

The young girl turned back and looked at the young Suin man. They both stared at each other and did not say anything else. But for the young girl, she seemed surprised.

"You feel familiar. Did we meet before?" the young girl spoke.

Al kept silent, and he moved his right arms behind his back. He did not know this girl but one thing he could be sure of.

This girl was extremely dangerous.

The girl moved her arms and summoned many cards to attack him. Al quickly moved and dodged. When some cards flew past him, even though he tried to dodge, they could still cut his clothes. When the girl formed a pink orb in the air, he ran on the ground and then ran on a rock column to keep himself from the cards, before he jumped to dodge the deadly magic orb from the girl. The girl kept controlling the cards to chase after him. When Al jumped off a column, he raised his arm and revealed a dagger he was holding. The young girl smiled and wondered what he could do with it. And then, she felt something strange. The way he held the grip was not suitable for a dagger, but instead, a sword.

The girl then moved her cards to attack Al. Al then swung his dagger and the cards were being burnt up. His dagger became a sword, with a white transparent blade extended from the grip. The young girl kept attacking him. Al kept dodging and swung his sword until he got close enough. The young girl then moved her cards in front of her and created a barrier when Al slashed his sword towards her. His attack was unable to reach her. Al then moved back to dodge her counterattacks, changed his stance, and dashed towards her with a stabbing attack. The young girl then formed her cards and created a barrier again. When the chop of Al's sword reached the barrier, they stopped moving and stared at each other intensively. Both of them focused so much that they did not even care that the dust on the ground was blowing strongly.

The young girl then realized that Al's sword was piercing her barrier. She lost her words and could not believe what she was seeing. But it gave her a chance to look at Al's face closer. She then believed that she definitely met him before, but she was not sure who he was.

When Al pieced through the barrier, he thought he won but the young girl disappeared after that. He then turned back and saw the girl was floating in the air.

"I'm bleeding," the young girl raised her hand and looked at it, and she seemed not to mind it much. She then spoke, "It's been a long time since someone is capable of hurting me. So long that I nearly forgot how it feels."

Al still kept his silence and was ready to attack again.

"But whoever you are, no one lives without a desire. Whatever your desire is, I can grant you," the young girl smiled and looked at Al.

When Al charged towards him, the young girl raised her left arm and released a transparent wave. Al was caught off guard and he instinctually crossed his arms. The wave passed him and he stopped.

"Don't be afraid. I will give the sweetest dream that you've never..." the young girl smiled as if she had the victory, but then, she was silent.

Al was still there and it seemed her attack could not affect him. Meanwhile, Al wondered what she was trying to do. He then tried to attack her but suddenly, he felt a sinister aura and something that looked like a demonic face from her. Al then stepped back and did not want to take risks unnecessarily.

When they stared at each other again, the young girl looked at Al without a blink. And then, she laughed maniacally and sent a cold on Al's spine.

"I can't believe it. You were resurrected as well. I only know one man who is unaffected by my spell. What a wonderful day," she spoke in joy.

Al did not react to her words. He was being cautious and waited for a chance to attack. He then charged at her again when she controlled her cards. Suddenly, the young girl opened a portal gate. Al was surprised and tried to jump aside but the cards flew quickly and pushed him to the portal gate. When the gate was closed, the young girl smiled mysteriously and satisfyingly.

"Although you can resist my spell, it doesn't mean you can escape the nightmare I gave you before. Why don't I let you through it again and maybe..." the girl spoke. She stopped just to smile before she finished her line, "... you will become my pet again."