Chapter 8

The next morning, when Yuna was about to leave her room, her Guardian slowly appeared from the air.

"How is him?" she asked.

Karzan paused, and he answered, "It doesn't really look good."

"What do you mean?" Yuna wondered.

"I thought by showing his memories, we could awake him, but no. His power is still being sealed. Not only that, he is dying," Karzan replied.

Yuna was surprised. She then asked, "What do you mean he is dying?"

"I looked into his recent past, and it was worse than I thought. He encountered Tenebria before he was thrown into a strange world. He was falling from the sky, probably Tenebria's work, and got severed injured. Although a doctor tries to fix him, even now, his body is falling apart," Karzan said.

"Is there something we can do to help him?" Yuna felt sorry for Al.

"With our accord, no," Karzan shook his head, "But, you were right, Yuna. I didn't sense the Archdemon power inside him."

"It's good to hear but that's not the main point," Yuna commented, "But can he be like you? I mean, you survived worst."

"If only he has a divine body like ours. As I said before, he is not a complete Guardian, so his body is a mortal one. Not only that, his life force is fading away and if it is extinguished, he will never return," Karzan replied.

"Is there anything we can help him?" Yuna asked sadly.

"Unless... we can find his Heir. Otherwise, there's not even a chance to save him," Karzan said, "Do you remember? When I was heavily injured, I told you to sign a contract with me that you would become my Heir. After that, my injury was healed immediately, although my power was not."

"But... how can we find his Heir? We don't even have a clue who it is," Yuna asked. The more Karzan said, the less chance it was. But none of them had the answer.

The next morning, the young girl who was Yuna's childhood friend, Tamarinne, was practicing vocal chore. Accompanying with her were Yuna and a man who was taller than her. He had long dark hair and his eyes were pure red.

"I think it's done for today. Great job as always," Yuna clapped her hands and praised her childhood friend.

"Thank you. I'll do my best for tomorrow," Tamarinne responded as her face blushed.

"I think you should take a break. The festival is already begun," Yuna said.

"I think I'll take a walk. I really want to see how people react to what we have brought here," Tamarinne said excitedly.

"I'll go with you. You are the main star tomorrow. I want to make sure nothing bad happens to you," the man suggested.

"Thank Katis, but I can take care of myself. You still have more things to do than sticking with me," Tamarinne replied politely.

The man named Katis seemed not to give up easily. He said, "Did you forget what happened back in Perlands? If I hadn't come in time, who knew what could have happened to you?"

"I thank you for that. But I don't think it won't happen here. Different than Perlands, I feel Aakhen is safer than there," Tamarinne replied.

"Well... if you said so," Katis stopped, and he suggested, "But please have at least two security members to accompany you. But remember, do not wander to shady and unsecured locations and if something happens, you must run immediately."