35

"You know... you can actually play video games on your own bus." Fallon said through a laugh to Calum as they laid together on the couch in the back lounge of the Revelry tour bus.

"Yeah, but Michael will want to play and he'll kick my ass plus, no one there plays with my hair." He paused his game and tilted his chin back, a smug smile on his face as he looked at his girlfriend who's hand was still mindlessly scratching over the short blue strands of his hair.

"Not much to play with anymore." She teased.

"Yeah, well. Give it time and the curls will make a comeback."

"You're such a fucking pushover." Wes said from her spot on the couch across the room while making a gagging noise.

"Gotta keep the lady happy is all. Besides, I like the curls they just" he looked around the room for a moment, "used to hold too many painful memories is all."

"And now you two are back in love. Yay." The sarcasm was evident and met with a pillow flung across the room at Wesley's face by Fallon.

"Go call your girlfriend and let us be happy."

"Constance is at work. But no worries, it's all good vibes and Kumbaya and shit. Whatever, I'm happy you two figured it out. I will not be sad to see the honeymoon period end though. You two are not as discrete as you think you are. I hope you know that."

Fallon's cheeks turned a ruby red. "What?"

"What are we talking about?" Chayse asked innocently as she joined them in the lounge, a bag of chips in her hand that Wesley quickly snatched, securing a few chips for herself before answering.

"How fucking loud Calum and Fallon are."

"Oh geez." She said.

"We are not loud." Fallon said firmly.

"Oh, Calum. YES! Right there. Choke me daddy!" Wes mimicked and Fallon shoved her in a playful manner.

"I do not sound like that."

"Well..." Calum said from behind her and she turned to look at him with raised eyebrows and obvious astonishment on her face.

"I'm just saying." He lifted his hands in surrender and laughed.

She had done that a lot in the previous two weeks. How could she not? For the first time in what felt like forever everything in her life seemed to be perfect. Calum and her relationship had quickly returned to the comfort they had previously shared. Sure, they still had to work on rebuilding their trust and communication but she had hope that that would come with time.

"At least we'll be spread out a bit more for the next few days. A whole cabin and all." He murmured into her ear as he dropped the controller and wrapped his arms around her middle.

"My ears will appreciate the relief." Wes deadpanned.

"As if you wouldn't be the exact same if Constance was here." Calum said with an amused smile in her direction.

"Touché." She said, rolling up to her feet. "Sorry to have to break up the love fest but we have soundcheck."

Calum instinctively tightened his hold around Fallon. "You can't have her."

"Oh fuck off. It's only a few hours and then you two can hide out in your room of the cabin for a few days." Wesley said with a quick roll of her eyes.

"You think Michael would be mad if we didn't even come out for his party?" Calum asked.

"We're not skipping his party." Fallon told him as she wiggled from his grasp and sat up. Calum's face immediately formed into a frown and she chuckled before leaning back down to peck his lips. He grabbed her wrist and deepened their kiss much to the chagrin of Wes and Chayse who groaned and left the lounge.

"Ride with me and the boys after the show?"

Fallon laughed. "Yeah dumbass, we're all riding together in the van."

His cheeks colored. "Oh right. I forgot."

"You're lucky you're cute." She said, giving him one last peck on the cheek.

"I'm not cute." He grew defensive, his cheeks somehow becoming even chubbier and effectively making him more adorable. A feat she hadn't known was possible.

"Definitely cute." He groaned as she disappeared down the hall of the bus. "You can use my bunk to nap if you don't want to go back to, you know, your own bus."

*

Two weeks. Two gloriously perfect weeks.

Calum had fallen immediately back into the familiar patterns of his relationship with Fallon with ease. He loved the way it felt to hold her, to speak to her freely, to have a confidant and best friend who knew him so completely and to have that same person be the woman he loved with every fiber of his being.

His love for her was consuming but it also was terrifying because Fallon held his entire life in her hands. She had the power to completely destroy him and he was keeping something from her that had the potential to wreck them in devastating fashion.

Again.

He had thought about telling her of course. It seemed like at this point telling her was near about the only thing he could think about. It shouldn't be a big deal. They weren't even together officially when it had happened. But Calum knew better and he knew for a fact that Fallon wouldn't see it that way. If he thought she would he wouldn't have dug himself into the hole he now sat by not cluing her in.

With every passing day that Fallon went clueless of his escapade he felt as if more and more weight was added to his chest. It was crushing, like he was a bug and this secret was a shoe squashing him under the pressure.

When he did work up the nerve to tell her he had to do it right. It had to be expertly executed or everything would once again completely implode in his face. Hell, that might happen even if he played every card he had correctly.

The trip to the cabin provided the perfect opportunity to spend some time alone with Fallon and to finally come clean about everything so that they could endure whatever level of pissed off she decided to be about the whole thing and then get on with their lives.

That was it. He'd butter her up by being on his best behaviour, and also sex. Mostly sex, really. Then he would get her alone and come clean about everything. It would all work out and the life he had once imagined for them could finally become a reality.

An: that's a nice little dream Cal has.

That gonna work out?

Let me know your guesses!

Ily,
Sav 🖤