36

The Cabin was larger than Fallon had expected. The fresh snowfall was a crisp shade of white that contrasted with the dark wood and stone that made up the exterior. Even after years of being in a successful band sometimes she was still in awe of the experiences it afforded to her.

She was so distracted by the expansiveness of their accommodations that she missed the dash everyone else had made into the warmth to secure their rooms for the next few nights. Fuck. Calum had disappeared up the stairs with the rest of them. The master was given to Michael and Crystal since this was technically his birthday trip and the rest of the rooms had yet to be assigned so she hoped her and Calum hadn't been delegated to one of the rooms with bunk beds. She was hoping for something with a bit more privacy.

She walked down the hall, hoping Cal had also grabbed her suitcase since it was nowhere to be found. It took trying three different rooms until she located him in the bedroom farthest down the hall, his body flopped back against a queen size bed with a proud smirk on his face.

"I shoved Ashton down to get this room."

"And you're happy about that?" Her eyes widened.

"He's been an asshole so I stooped to his level for a moment but it snagged us this." He said, spreading his arms out to showcase his winnings.

"Real mature." She rolled her eyes but let her body fall against the duvet.

"Okay... this bed is ridiculously comfortable. I'll forget that you had to be a dick to your best friend to get it."

"He's been a dick for days, weeks really."

"Two wrongs don't make a right."

"Okay mum." He said with a huff.

"I just hate seeing the two of you at odds like this." She confided.

"And I hate being at odds with him but I don't think his anger has anything to do with us really. I don't think he's going to let this go until he gets his own relationship figured out."

"Hopefully he gets that worked out soon."

"Hopefully. Apparently Kay might come for Mike's actual birthday but she isn't gonna stay with us." Calum stared up at the lightly stained wood beams of the ceiling.

"I talked to her the other night and told her what an asshole he's been. She's pretty broken up over everything but I don't really know what's going on between them to know whose side I'm on."

"Kind of like the rest of them with us." He turned to look at her, gauging her reaction.

He hadn't meant to end up on this topic, especially not at that particular moment but she had made the transition too easy and it was something else they really did need to talk about.

"Calum, I know that it would make things easier for everyone to know—for them to try to understand. But, I just don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet. It's so fucking personal."

"Fallon, the miscariage was an incredibly awful thing. You've been pushing away the people who love you most for almost a year now. Our friends, if they knew they would just want to help—to be there for you. They would maybe finally understand why things with us were the way they were. I really think you should consider opening up to them. I'm not asking you to commit but can you just tell me you'll at least think about it?"

Fallon rolled on to her back, her hands joining over her stomach as she stared up at the ceiling. She wanted to tell him absolutely the fuck not but she could see the genuine care and hope in the deep recesses of his brown irises and so she pursed her lips and finally gave the smallest nod she could manage. "I'll consider it."