Chapter 9 || A Battle Against Time

"WAIT NO WRONG TURN!"

You flicked your risk in a panic and stopped time, a knife inches away from your neck. How did you get in this situation?

|| Rewind ||

"We have a mission for you, [Y/N]."

"Oh? What is it?"

"There's going to be a bomb in Queen's Square, we need you to stop in before it blows up."

"You got it chief!"

|| End of rewind ||

Oh. Right. That's what happened. Since you paused time, no one could tell you where the bomb was, not even Dazai. He wasn't touching you in any way at all so he couldn't nullify your ability. Now you have to search for the bomb. Manually.

You were currently dressed in a long elegant deep red dress, with the shoulders off gently sliding down your arm. An elegant silver necklace with a black gemstone in the middle of it. Black gloves covered your hands, it was a perfect fit. Your [H/C] hair tied into a neat bun, two strands dropping down your face. For footwear you wore black high, thin heeled shoes.

You were currently in the event of an opera, you had to be properly dressed for this since it was night time, dark and muted colors suited the event most.

You walked around the building in search for the bomb. Eventually you found it, but you didn't know what wire to cut. You thought you were far enough from the enemy that was previously trying to kill you, so you started time again.

Flipping the pair of pliers in your hands, that you pulled out of your small black hand bag, you asked, "Dazai, what wire should I c—"

'[Y/N]! Watch out!'

The earpiece blared into your ear, your eyes widened. You turned your body, moving to the side, sliding your foot temporarily across the ground to allow you to get further than the enemy.

Damn, they're fast!

You gulped, your [E/C] eyes narrowing in suspicion. You watched the person's next moves carefully, staying in your fighting stance.

'They're going to try and aim for your blind spots.'

You paused, immediately you dodged to the left, bending down for your hand to meet the ground and your feet as well, trying to add more friction so that you didn't slip too far.

Standing up, you flipped the pliers around in your hand again.

"Let's see what this baby can do, shall we?"

You practically invited the person to fight with you, Dazai on the other end of the line was baffled.

"Dazai, quickly the wires?" You asked under your breath, noticing the anxiety-ridden ticking of the bomb.

'Right, I'll work on that.'

You fought with the enemy in the mean time, you blocked the attacks with the pliers, and dodged the attacks. You managed to not calculate an attack.