Chapter 2

Yu Xi spent his entire day feeding his newly acquired pet, Fu. Beside him was the still crying Sui Yan, he was incredibly depressed that the beast has gained his brother's attention rather than his weight problem. "Tssk. Stop wailing. Here, drink this pill",Yu Xi threw a blue pill. Even now, he is still wondering how did this hopeless guy even become the head of second rank disciples? Just by looking at his snotty face,Yu Xi felt like it was a scam. Sui Yan ignored his brother's unamused look, as he happily scrambled to get his dear brother's kindness, as expected, brother Yu Xi really favors him the most!! "Make sure to meditate after taking that, it has a strong after effect after all", Yu Xi dismisses his lackey who was skipping in joy. "Okay!", Sui Yan hurriedly ran away, he only had a few hours to skim his excess fat after all.

"Brother Yu Xi, your back?", a youth wearing a purple robe asked. The youth was busy stacking up piles of scrolls inside the empty compartments."Shu, not done yet?",Yu Xi asked, staring at the mountain of scrolls lying beside the young man. "Ha ha ha.....the seniors asked me to look after the spiritual beasts awhile ago...so I am just starting this now", Shu was embarrassed. Even though his job was easy, he still couldn't finish it on time. Yu Xi stared at his poor fellow disciple. Contrary to how the civilians see them, not all cultivators were blessed people who seems to defy heavens and logic. Like the rest of the normal masses, even cultivators like him follows heirarchy.

In Yushan Peak alone, there are at least people that bottom feeders like Shu who he shouldn't offend. First were the masters and elders, their words are law.

Followed by the direct  disciples, those arrogant.....um...talented disciples under direct titulage of the elders. Then the first rank disciples who train under the peak master.The decent ones were the second rank disciples, they were comparable to normal disciples who hasn't been taken in by any masters yet. Lastly were people like Yu Xi and Shu, outer disciples who could enter inside the Yushan Peak. Their status were similar to ants, it had no significant value at all, except for being many. Well most of them had task such as planting spiritual plants, looking after the spiritual beast, act as pill boys or do menial jobs such as arranging the library and scrolls. Well people like Shu are the most unfortunate, not only they rank last in the Peak's priorities, he also had to follow his senior brothers' orders since he and Yu Xi entered the peak last.

"Next time they shift their jobs to you, beat them up", Yu Xi said, patting the young man's head. Hearing this, Shu shook his head, only Yu Xi could probably say this. Their senior brothers' are all scary! Unlike his fellow disciples, he was very weak, even until now he hasn't finish the basic qi foundation stage, for them, he was a huge embarrassment. Shu had already accepted being the weakest one among them. "Then, I'll lend you this. If they threaten you, use this talisman. No one would be able to touch you", Yu Xi grins. Let's see if those punks could still act all high and mighty. Inside the old storage room, Yu Xi carefully culminated the young man how to earn equal rights from his senior brothers. After all, aren't they fellow comrades who share the same space? They should all be getting along.

After corrupting.....teaching this naive fellow, Yu Xi decided to spent his evening creating and experimenting. For someone like him, instead of wasting his time trying to cultivate the wrong technique, he'd rather spent more efforts in pill making and creating tools that will help him in cultivating. As someone who had suspicious background, Yu Xi was aware ever since his young age that he was incapable of cultivating the normal way. Not only there are two contrasting qi inside him, both were too turbid that he felt like walking on needles everytime he tries to cultivate. Only when he somehow manage to control it by ingesting pills that he could successfully transform the natural qi into his own.

Even without any master to guide him, Yu Xi still managed to complete his foundation building stage without a hitch. With the help of the pills, You Xi could catch up and even surpass his seniors in cultivating. The only down side is that it eats a lot of resources. As someone who aims to be the greatest merchant, Yu Xi had dabbled on all types of expertise. From pill making to creation of talisman, thanks to his natural talent in those field, Yu Xi had now turned his training into business. Just by being well verse in pill making, Yu Xi could have been a first rank disciple, unfortunately, the man himself refuses to expose his self. Not to be modest and all, but because he was aware that his own background might be questioned. Tall trees could easily caught strong wind, in the end, he only had his own self to trust.

____________________________________

Thanks for reading.....