Worlds Apart 2- Why?

Nila and Anjali were told to head to a secluded area with the rest of the travelers who wanted to go back to Earth

Nila and Anjali were told to head to a secluded area with the rest of the travelers who wanted to go back to Earth. Along the way, the group went across a crowded market area, where someone randomly pulled onto Nila's shirt. Turning, Nila was shocked to see an eerily familiar old woman directing her in the opposite direction. But before she could react, Anjali started pulling Nila's hand, urging her to catch up with the group.

Nila and Anjali followed the group and finally reached the group and were told to wait patiently in the room

Nila and Anjali followed the group and finally reached the group and were told to wait patiently in the room. Nila's thoughts were filled with the old woman, the breakup, and the anticipation of what will happen next.

"Nila?" Anjali hesitantly asks.

"Ya?"

"Are you ok? Do you want to talk about it?" Anjali knew how much Nila loved Bhoomi, so the breakup must have affected her.

"I think I'm ok. I mean I came all this thinking I was going to start a whole new life, especially with him by my side. But no matter how much you love them, some relationships are not meant to last I guess."

"I understand. Here let me hug you," Anjali comforts her with a hug.

"You know, he was my world and I was his moon. He always saw the beauty in me despite the blemishes. After my dad, he was the only man who could make me light up. I thought that even though my parents weren't with me, I could survive with him. But now, no one is with me." Nila whispers out silently while tears flow down her cheek and soak Anjali's shoulder.

"Hey hey... it's ok. I will be with you."

Listening to Anjali's assurance, Nila pulls away and replies with a soft smile, "I'm with you as well."

Both of them have truly no one else other than each other. Even if they go back to Earth, they won't be able to return to their lives. And the only other friend that did come with them to Andhakar had parted ways with them.

The quiet between Nila and Anjali was broken by the arrival of a couple of soldiers. Before anyone could react, the soldiers started shooting at the group. Quickly, Nila pushes Anjali to the ground and covers both of them using a huge slab of wood.