Worlds Apart 3- Someone Familiar

Using the supplies Nila borrowed, both of the girls were able to disguise themselves as the merged Andhakarians

"I know I'm good at disguises, but this isn't enough either. We are alone on a planet where people want to kill us. We need some sort of support," Anjali says, burying her head in her hands.

"Careful! You don't want to mess up the makeup."

Anjali quickly straightens herself and checks her reflection to make sure everything is perfect.

"Thanks. But seriously we need someone's help. If Bhoomi could help us, that would be great, but you guys literally just broke up."

"And we don't know where he is."

"That too. If only there was someone else here that we know... Right?"

Nila just sits there deep in thought instead of replying.

"Nila?" Anjali looks over at her friend before asking, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

Anjali just sighs and knowingly asks, "Who do you have in mind?" After years with your friend, you tend to understand what they are thinking about.

"Remember when we were crossing this market like area on our way to..."

"The shed where they tried to kill us? Ya I remember. You even stopped suddenly there."

"Well the reason I stopped was because there was a woman who grabbed my hand. She was telling me to follow her."

"So a random lady grabbed your hand on your way to getting murdered by the soldiers. What does that have to do with anything?"

"She seemed familiar. I'm sure if she wasn't Merged, I would've recognized her. But she did have a bit of my mom's features so I'm guessing it could be a relative from that side of the family," Nila says hesitantly.

"No no no no NO. We can't just go up to a random-"

"But familiar."

"DOESN'T MATTER. We can't go up to a random but familiar woman for help. Who's to say she won't get us killed herself?"

"I mean not that many of my relatives want me killed."

"That's not any better. Either way, how can your relative be here?"

"Well we're Indian. We always have a relative or family friend everywhere."

"This is a stupid idea."

"We do stupid things all the time. That's why we're the idioteers."

"But that's different. There was only a small chance of getting killed then."

"But we're going to be killed anyway on this planet. Why not take this small chance at survival?"

"That's ... that's actually a good point. But in that case, isn't it more safe to ask Bhoomi for help?"

"Except we don't know where he is and have no way to contact him."

"And you know where this supposed relative lives?"

"I saw her opening a door with a key and going inside with a bunch of groceries as you were gently pulling me away. Pretty sure that was her house. "

"It still seems risky," Anjali tells Nila. There are just so many unknown variables. The old lady could turn on them and hand the girls to the same soldiers they escaped.

"It's only a risk if we tell her we're still human. We will pretend to be Merged and visit her. Using her, we can find Bhoomi and get his help. You have to admit, this is our one and only chance to survive."

"We have done more stupider things. Let's go for it," Anjali says, accepting the plan.

"Well... there are some serious contesters," Nila says grinning.

 there are some serious contesters," Nila says grinning

Nervously, Nila and Anjali knock on the woman's door. Hopefully the person on the other side wouldn't be that enthusiastic to kill us. After a minute of waiting, the door finally opens, revealing an elderly Merged Andakarian.

"Hello? Can I help you?" The woman asks.

"Hi. I was just crossing the market earlier on my way to get Merged. On my way, you had called me, remember? Anyways, you look very familiar, so I thought maybe we knew each other on Earth?" Nila asks her hopefully. Things will be way better if they are relatives.

"Oh my! You are Nila right? Mithra and Dinesh's daughter? I'm your grandma's little sister. Thulasi Paati. Remember me?"

"Wow! Thulasi Paati? I can't believe you're also here."

"I know right! Don't just stand there? Come inside!"

Thulasi paati excitedly invites them inside. Nila and Anjali exchange a look before going inside. Thank goodness she is related to Nila, but that still doesn't mean things can't turn worse. Until they find a way home, danger is still around the corner.

 Until they find a way home, danger is still around the corner

Hello! I know this chapter was a bit shorter than usual. I accidentally committed myself to organize and clean the bookshelf. On top of that, I got my second dose of the vaccine. Speaking of which, everyone please get your vaccine when possible and please be safe. Do your part in controlling the vaccine. 

Anyways... Hopefully you all like this so far. Remember to vote comment and share if you like this story!