Part 25 -

"so are you going to tell me what happened between you and luke or am I being kept in the dark?" it was a family bbq day, luke was joining us along with my nan and grandad, the sun was shining down on us in the garden as I helped my dad get some bits ready.
" it's doesn't matter" hearing my dad sigh and looking up to see him shake his head
"if he hurt my little girl, I deserve to know. You blanked him for a month"
"dad, its all fine. We are back on track we had a little bump in the road" he looks at me questionly
"are you sure?" I nod my head hearing the back gate being opened to see my favourite blonde walking in, I didn't want my dad to know. I didn't want him to hate luke, I didn't want him to give me the same talk he give me over Tom. Luke isn't Tom and regrets everything he did. Tom never did. Me and Luke have both worked together to come past it. We are stronger then ever.
"alright enough public displays of affection, Luke come help me move all this coal for the bbq" Luke nodded and let go of my waist to go help my dad. Leaving me to think if I did the right thing lying to my dad. Would he find out in the end, I hope not.

The bbq was in full swing. Nan and Grandad sat around the table, my dad at the Bbq, Luke sat next to me as we all chatted.

It felt right the five of us sat in the garden, in that moment I knew I'd done the right thing taking Luke back, not telling my dad, keeping it a secret.  I just hope it wouldn't come to bite me in the long run, feeling Luke hand on my leg under the table, I looked up and smiled as his eyes were focused on my grandad and what they were talking about, my nan was with my dad at this point making sure everything was cooked properly, not trusting her own sons cooking. Which always made me laugh. He'd managed to get me to 25 soon to be 26 without any food poisoning so I think he was a pretty decent cook. Everything felt good today. Everything was good today.