XXXVIII

Deklan Pov

I hopped in the car as quick as possible , I was anger but it was something abut Nia that calmed me. Her voice , Her scent, her eyes , Her lips , and Everything about her. Nia as a whole made me calm when I was mad and made me happy when I was sad. She was my everything. She is my everything . I was willing to apologize and forgive because deep down inside I knew she was the one for me. I called Caspian asking what hospital she was in and lucky she had made it back to Florida and was in our private medical suite.
"Hello welcome to Westchester General Hospital , How can I help you " the receptionist ask.

"Im looking for Nia Russo , she should be in the Westbrook Private wing" I say tapping my foot.

"We don't have a Nia Russo here but we do have a Nia Westbrook , In that wing , Right down the hall she's room A109"
I ran down the hall as fast as I could and busted through the door to see my Nia. She looked incredibly ill , like she had been ill for days and didn't tell anyone.
"What's going on ?" I asked Noticing that everyone she loved / knew was in the room. I mean from her parents to mine , even her grandparents were on the phone listening to every update. What I didn't expect to see was the Man from the the Cover.

"Can I speak with you outside " Romano said waving his hand. Romano. and I along with most of the men in the room stepped out into the hallway.
"That man is Baylor Locke , he was the one spotted on the cover of every magazine with Nia." Romano starts

"I know and i've chosen to forgive and forget .... I am bring  a child into this world that doesn't belong to Nia .. I can get over a kiss " I say still pissed that it happened.

"Well Deklan if you'd shut the fuck up you might understand that Nia wasn't lying " Toren said.
I looked over at Chris who was normally our Private Investigator.

"Baylor is in fact little bosses Cousin " He says pulling some folders out of a bag and handing them to me.
"He was adopted by Nia's Fathers sister and is 4 years younger then her ,  His adopted father is Michel Locke and his adoptive mother is named April Russo-Locke. He lives in Georgia and here's the kicker , He's had a crush on Elena since she was a freshman in high School. " Chris finished.
All I could do was hold my head in my hands ... I had cussed , Shouted , Yelled , did everything under the sun. to Nia after the situation happened. I called her a liar and in reality she wasn't.
soon after everyone started to file out of the room and a few nurses went in to check on her .

" y'know when she passed bout , she called your name Deklan " Elena said , holding Torens hand.

I looked at her as if she was lying but soon a after Gia and Layne came out and the following was repeated.
I couldn't believe that even after our last words being "Fuck you " she still called for me.  I sat outside wonder how Nia was ever going to forgive me. The nurses and doctor all came out the room and we all stood to our feet waiting on the news .
"May I speak to Deklan Westbrook " she asked .  The Doctor was this tall ,lean black woman. We hired her to work for our private Suite when we found out she was the top of her class at Princeton.
" that's me " I said in a serious tone
I thought to myself "you sound like your doing a business transaction and not dealing with your sick girlfriend "

"Mrs Westbrook should be fine , she suffered some pulling of stitches in her lower abdomen , along with some New bruising of the ribs. Lots of water and little physical activity and tension she should be back up and running in about 2 weeks  AND even though she does have a lot of problems with her ribs and stomach  if you guys were to ever try for a baby , there should be no problem. Had she gotten her an Hour later then she did , I'd be telling a different story ." The Doctor states.

"Thank you so much " I say about to tell everyone else until .
"It's my job Mr Westbrook and she has requested to see you first , I'll tell the others " she said walking away.

I was only 3 doors away but I sprinted towards her room and when I got there , That's when the nerves hit. I was never a nerves man But in this moment I didn't know what to say to her . I slowly opened the door and her big brown orbs looked at me as if she was dreaming.

"De-" she begins
"shhhh" I tell her sliding in the bed.
"Nia , I am so sorry I didn't believe you and said all those things I said to you. You know I didn't mean it.. I was drinking and all I could think about was that you were going to leave me." I say , tears swelling in my eyes.

"I'm sorry for not answering your calls and making the situation shady " she said softly.

"I wan-wanna come home " she's said , almost as if she was asking rather then demanding.

"Of course , We will leave tomorrow morning and go back home" I say reassuring her.

"Ok, what time is it ?" she asked

"7 something , everybody went home or to their hotels " I say

"Well good get some rest i'll be here " she says moving her leg so I can get out of bed.

"Home is where ever you are ,now put your leg down and let's go to sleep" I say rubbing her hands.

"I love you Deklan and i'm not going to let some minor situation take you away from me ... Im going to stay by you. I'm going to be the best step mom I can be and the best girlfriend I can be and HOPEFULLY the best wife and mom I can be , all because I love you " She says snuggling into my chest.

My heart was racing as soon as the words "Step mom " made their way into my ears my heart broke and fixed itself within seconds. I loved this woman with my whole existence and she just proved why I should. I never wanted to get married so bad in my whole life.