Backstory Pt. 3: Scarlette's perspective

5 years later...

Now I am 21 years old...

I met Blitzo soon after I made another song with Verosika. He was kind, maybe a little selfish, and says too many sexual jokes...

We would hang out at clubs, and get a little too drunk to even get out of our seats. He would try to stand up, but automatically fall over on his face. 

We took turns paying for the beer and wine, sometimes I would pay for it more since he was low on money.

We would sit there and talk about his dream of opening an I.M.P business for those who want revenge on their lovers or enemies. He would say that I would be the first imp that would be hired.

I didn't believe it was going to work, but it was very possible to do...

My life was actually turning out amazing!

It's a cliche, but every time you say something like that, the opposite happens... 

My life was actually turning out horrible...

I was abused by Forest, he would yell at me if he suspected me cheating on him. Which I wasn't...

He would hit me and kick me, and more horrible stuff...

I would cry every night...

Then another fate bullet shot into my life...

Verosika was dating Blitzo, and every time she saw us having fun she thought that I was having fun with him... if you know what I mean... When of course... again I wasn't...

So she kicked me out of the band...

I was losing money trying to survive after my boyfriend kicked me out of the house and stole all my cash...

I was struggling, I couldn't see Blitzo because of Verosika... 

I was alone...

Then, I even tried dying, but... I was in hell... so what are the odds that is actually going to work without a weapon like my family's...

And I can't just go back to the Valentine residence because I would be trapped again just like the older days when I was 10...

I grabbed a rope and tied it above a tree, prepared my neck for the catch, and jumped... That did shit...

So, without any luck or hope, I shut myself out from the outside and made myself a hard shell of a head so no one, not even my only friend could come in...

I was... in pain...

That's when I looked for other measures of happiness...

Drugs...

Wasn't helping my health, but was helping my mood...

I would be snobby if I didn't have the only thing that gave me happiness...

I would be the bitch my sister was, and act like her too...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was eating a breakfast burrito someone threw at me, I was eating that thing like I was a monster. Since I haven't eaten in a week...

"You poor imp."

I heard a British man say...

I slowly turn around, scared if it was my father that was talking to me...

"Why hello there! I am Prince Stolas! What's wrong? You look sad... and hungry. Quite the appetite you have there! Are you homeless?"

"Yeah..."

"I don't usually take in homeless, but you are the exception! Come along, imp. I have just the place for a little one like you..."

"My name's Scarlette. I... I..."

He puts a hand around her shoulder, "Don't say anything, Red Ruby. You are now where you belong!"

I smile and look down, and hope that he isn't like my father...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*******************************************'~|+|~'*********************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------