Love & Gelato

In the last post, I asked my readers which library book I should read next

In the last post, I asked my readers which library book I should read next. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch got the most votes.

I loved the fun cover, but the blurb summary was very misleading, so I'll explain what really does happen in the story.

Sixteen year old, Lina, does fly to Italy, because it's her mother's dying wish, but Lina would rather stay with her best friend Addie for the summer. What fun plans do you have with your friends this summer?

Lina does stay in Tuscany with her mother's friend Howard, and Lina does find out whether or not he is her father and why her mother never told her the truth.

Lina does fall in love, but is it with the charming, lives-in-the-next-villa, Ren, or the handsome, looks-like-a-model, Thomas? And does Lina get her heart broken like her mother did, or does she get a happy ever after? You have to read the story to find out.

Lina does eat a lot of delicious gelato and pizza and pasta and pastries, but she never gains an ounce because she runs for miles everyday across the Florence countryside. I could run for a block, maybe, if someone was chasing me.

Lina does read her mother's journal about when she was photography student at the Fine Arts Academy of Florence, and Lina does visit all the same, spectacular places her mother did.

I loved experiencing Italy through Lina's eyes and stomach. It was postcard perfect, unicorn sprinkles amazing, and fairytale magical! I'll never be rich enough or brave enough to fly hundreds of miles across the Atlantic Ocean to visit a country in Europe, so I enjoy reading books that take me there vicariously. What country would you like to visit?

My favorite scenes in the story were the ones where Howard teases Ren about taking out Lina. I did laugh out loud a few times. No spoilers, but wait for the wink. I giggled for a good minute at that. I also cried along with Lina when she grieved for her mom. I miss my mom so much. I could easily relate to Lina's pain.

I didn't have a least favorite part. I did get so angry at the villain that I wanted to slap him. If I wasn't lactose intolerant and vegan, I would have eaten buckets of ice cream while reading this story. Love & Gelato gave me all the feels, so I have to give it 5 roses. I loved it, and I'll definitely read it again!!! I might even buy it, if the price is ever lower than nine dollars.