D.J.W

(Evelyn)

We arrived at the clinic and got checked in. The baby was moving and grooving today which meant jay would get a show.

I sat bouncing my leg and feeling my belly, jay was holding my hand.

"Evelyn." A nurse called.

Jay stood and helped me up. We followed the nurse to the scale, the vitals and the room. This was all new to Jay and he was so curious.

When we got to the room, the nurse entered the vitals and measured my belly. She instructed me to lay down and pull my shirt up.

I looked at Jay as I laid back with my little 16 week bump on display. He grabbed my hand, squeezed it and leaned over to kiss my belly. The baby moved in response.

The room was quiet and dark as the glow of the screen lit up a little bit. The nurse moved the wand left, right, up and down until she found the baby.

"This little one is a wiggly one, Mom & Dad. Look at them."

Jay was beaming and had his phone out to record.

"Baby is measuring right on track and you look to be 16 weeks is that correct?" She asked me.

I nodded.

"Do we wanna find out what this little one is then or are we keeping it a secret?" She asked us.

I looked at Jay who smiled at me and nodded.

"We wanna know what it is." Jay said.

"Alright well, let me look, freeze the frame and zoom in to see what we got."

She pressed keys and zoomed the screen.

"Well, you two have made a beautiful, healthy, active little boy." She said.

Jay & I immediately started to sob. We now knew all about Baby boy Wasley but he was our secret.

She played his heart beat and print out the sonograms.

"Congrats again on your little guy!" She told us as she gave us the pictures and left.

I cleaned up my belly, got up and walked out of the clinic with Jay holding my hand. He didn't say anything until we got in the car.

"A baby boy. Who'd have thought we were going to be parents to a little boy? Oh my gosh. I have a son. He's my little dude." Jay said excitedly.

"Yep. You're a little boy. I'm so excited to meet you. I cant wait to snuggle you and kiss you and bond with you as your mama. We just need to figure out what your name is...huh..." I said to my belly.

"Dallas."

"What?"

"Dallas. I don't know why but that name just hit me. Dallas Jay Wasley." Jay blurted.

"Hmm...what do you think? Are you a Dallas?" I asked. In that moment, Jay and I felt a huge, Swift movement from our son.

"Hmm...Dallas Jay Wasley it is. Our little DJ. Look at that. We found out what and who you are today." I said looking at my belly.

"What do you say, Dallas? Should we tell the guys tonight?" Jay asked him.

Again a movement.

"I'll take that as a Yes."