Angels among Us

(Zak)
The things they don't teach you in parenting books:

-How to know if your child can see the paranormal.

-How to leave your kids and wife for periods of time to investigate the said paranormal.

-How to describe loss of an unborn sibling to a child.

And

-How to deal with the unexplainable hurt left behind by the loss of said unborn child.

A part of Evelyn died with the loss of our baby and another piece of her died when we experienced yet another miscarriage 6 months later at 12 weeks.

The first baby, we found out, would've been a boy. The second, a girl. Their names would've been
Liam & Bexley.

Their memory lived on in the form of the two tiny angel wing tattoos I had on my inner biceps.

Evelyn was so strong. I knew that our angel babies had a piece of her heart but she gave everything she had to be the best mama to our two littles as well as to Gracie & I.

The guys were so precious and tender to Evelyn and the situation. My mom was sensitive to her too.

No questions were asked, no comments were made.

Would we ever be able to add to our family again? Would the next baby also end up as an angel? These were questions we had asked our Doctor.

They ran tests on both Ev and I and there was no way we weren't going to able to have another healthy baby.

Maybe people were on to something. Maybe they were both too pure for this world.

Ev & I were aware that the losses were physical but part of my job was to talk to spirits in the afterlife.

Maybe I'd be lucky to communicate with my son & daughter eventually?