Electric Eel

Credit: Reference picture above by Fsnowzombie

Series: Mermaids/Sirens

Type: Transformation

Description: The user's tongue is a long, glowing, tendril-shaped mass of pure electric energy. They are able to redirect the energy stored in their tongue to their hands or cover their entire body with it. They are able to control the output of how much electricity covers their skin, however, anything that touches their tongue will feel the full force of all the energy remaining in it.

When in the water, the user's appearance changes drastically to a mermaid-like form; their skin tone becomes a murky purple, their nails grow into black claws, and their legs fuse together into a long eel-like tail. Their ears split to resemble fins and their eyes become crimson orbs. The user's eyes, tail, and tongue are luminescent when in this form. While in this form, they are still able to redirect the energy from their tongue, however, only to their tail.

Drawbacks: While in their mermaid-like form, their vocal cords are not the same as a human's, Meaning, they're unable to speak human languages while in this form. Instead, they produce creaky clicks and hisses. The transformation process from mermaid to human can be rather painful to the user every time, especially when they first discover and begin to use their quirk. This pain fades over time as they undergo the transformation process more and more.

Outside of physical setbacks due to their quirk, the user must also find a way to work a rather awkward and impractical technicality of it. When transforming between human and mermaid, any clothes (or lack thereof) carries over as they transform. The clothes, however, do not defy the laws of physics and adapt in size. This means the user must change out of any clothing below their torso before transforming; unless they are willing to destroy the fabric beyond salvaging. When changing back to their human form, their lack of clothes is not corrected so they have to be sure to have some form of clothes or covering nearby.

Subfeatures: While in their normal form, their ears are pointed and resemble that of elven ears. The user's teeth also remain large and pointed no matter what form they are in.

Public Use: Yes