2) First Day Friends

couldn't find a song for this one lol, but enjoy!

"You are such an awful driver." Charli swerved the car off a curb and continued driving down the road, "Well, then, learn how to drive."

It was true, Dixie still didn't have a license or even know how to drive. Her 16-year-old sister, Charli, had to drive her to school.

She just scoffed at her sister, not wanting to actually admit she was right. Come on, you never tell your sister she won something.

Today was their first day of school in their new town. They were used to moving between states, from the ages of 6 to 15 they moved to 4 different states. They had to move often because of their Dad's work. They didn't complain, they had become used to it. And Dixie had always been quite the social butterfly. She never had trouble adjusting to the new towns and schools.

Charli, however, was a bit more reserved than Dixie. It would take her longer to make friends and get used to their new life. But it was becoming easier for her over time.

Dixie had never been that close with her sister. They were pretty different people and were in different grades. It's not like she didn't like Charli. She definitely had a bit of resentment towards her- that she never liked to get into- but she rarely thought about it. She didn't like wasting her time on the little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, she always says. Charli was still her sister and she would do anything for her.

Well, except maybe drive her somewhere.

They finally arrived at school and Dixie wasted no time getting to class. She didn't know her way around at all, but she wasn't worried. She spotted a girl leaning against a locker reading a book. She seemed kind, and Dixie already thought the two of them could possibly be friends since she too spent her spare time reading.

"Excuse me?" She approached the girl in the friendliest way she could. The girl looked up from reading and smiled shyly. "Can you please tell me where Mrs. Norman's English class is?" She pointed Dixie in the right direction and quietly told her which turns to make.

Dixie politely thanked her and headed off to class. She seemed to be a really shy girl, but Dixie appreciated that she still helped her out. The girl kind of reminded her of Charli, she was shy but definitely sweet.

When she got to the classroom she introduced herself to the teacher. Since everyone was new to the class, it being a new school year, she figured everyone was in a similar boat as her. But maybe the teacher did already know some of her students.

"Oh, yes. Hello Dixie! You're new, yes?" She nodded, "Yes! Just moved into town!" "Well it's lovely to have you here, my dear! You're all my new students this year, but I know those two girls back there are lovely students." Dixie looked to the back corner where she saw two girls, one a dirty blonde with her brown roots showing, another's fully golden and wavy.

She thanked the teacher and walked over to where the girls were sitting. They were in the middle of a conversation but immediately stopped and gave Dixie huge smiles when she sat down.

"Hi! I'm Amelie!" They both seemed so sweet and friendly already. Plus, the teacher said she liked them too. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Dixie." "Did you just move here?" the other girl asked. "Yeah. From Connecticut."

"That's awesome! I'm Addison, by the way." "Nice to meet you, Addison." Before they could talk much more, the teacher began her  'Welcome Back' speech and started a quick lesson. Dixie was a great student, she loved learning and took her grades very seriously. Addison and Amelie appeared to be the same way, they didn't talk with her much unless the teacher was taking a break from the lesson. After the bell rang, though, they invited Dixie to sit with them at lunch.