9) Reaching New Levels

Follow Vote Comment

"...So make sure you stay safe okay?" "Yes Mom, I'll be alright, I promise." Amy took a sigh of relief and continued talking with Noah over the phone. "And I'm at the store right now. Do you want orange juice or apple?"

Noah mindlessly grabbed a baseball from in his room and tossed it up in the air, "Apple." "Okay sweetie, and I'm also getting blueberry pancakes for tomorrow." Noah's face fell a bit but he just gave back a simple, "Kay, thanks mom." and she continued.

Blueberry pancakes were Tatum's favorite. One of the many little things that remind him of her.

After a few more back and forths, Noah got a text message. "Uh, Mom I've got to go." "Ok sweetie no problem, see you tonight!" "Bye mom, love you." He hung up and checked the message he received.

Dixie
I have a surprise

Noah
What is it?

Dixie
Well I can't tell
you silly.

Noah
Then what's the point
of telling me you have
one, SILLY?

Dixie
in*
what's the point
IN telling me ;)

Noah
get to the point dummy

Dixie
You'll find out soon,
but I need you to stay
in your room or
you'll ruin in.

Noah
fine fine, only for you

Dixie
THANK YOU!

He shut off his phone and looked around his room for something to distract himself with. What kind of surprise does she have? He just decided to go back on his phone and play games to distract him from the anticipation and strong urge to find out the surprise.

A couple of minutes went by and he heard an unmistakable giggle outside his window. What the heck? Is she just chilling in her room? And why is she giggling? Nothing was adding up. He got up and reached for his closed curtain, about to open them.

But he stopped, he knew Dixie would be disappointed if her surprise was ruined and he didn't want to be responsible for that. He fell back on his bed and continued playing games, praying for  Dixie to tell him he could finally find out.

~

She came running into his room with the biggest smile ever. "Are you ready! Ready? I'm so excited!" Noah laughed as she reached for his arm and "pulled him" up from his bed (she is far too tiny to lift him at all, but she tugs and he follows). "I can tell," he joked as he followed her down the stairs and out the door.

"You're going to love this I promise," she said as she turned around to face him. "But.." she dragged it out as she went behind him and covered his eyes, "You have to close your eyes." He smiled and decided to just let her do what she wanted. Come on she was so happy, he wasn't gonna crush it, because it was adorable.

He started walking forward as she followed behind, her body against his back as she tried to keep her hands on his eyes. It was definitely a struggle, he was taller and just all in all bigger than her.

She led him directly between their two houses and had him face them. "Ready?" "Very." "OK!" she squealed, making him laugh. "One," he joined in and they counted to three together. "Two, three!" Dixie took her hands off his eyes and so did he, as his hands were resting on top of hers.