7) Pick-Up Lines

Follow Vote Comment

are you bored? yes, you are so reread this book lol. there are a lot of little foreshadowing clue moments things so I just don't want you to forget them and not pick up on things moving forward. ok, thank's bestie ily and welcome back :)

"I don't care, we're watching it." "Ugh, would you just listen to me!" Noah jumped up on the couch, as Dixie had moments before. "It's not a good movie! Not only are the ratings bad-" Dixie cut him off and bounced on the couch cushion, "Critics are too critical." "Almost like it's their job," Noah joked as he grabbed Dixie's flailing hands and continued. "Not only the ratings, but I saw it with Reeves already!"

Noah snatched the remote out of Dixie's hand and plopped back down on the couch. She huffed and followed, sitting next to him with her arms folded. "And what did you think of it?" He shuffled through the other movie options as he responded, "Barely average, not all it's hyped up to be."

The two of them were trying to pick a movie for the afternoon, as they had for weeks. It had been a month since Noah had been so vulnerable in front of Dixie but he had practically forgotten about it. He credited it to her comforting nature, she never brought it up again so he didn't feel embarrassed.

The two had gotten very accustomed to watching movies together in the late afternoon, usually after Noah's football practice or a gang hangout at Carter's.

Both of them looked forward to their movie nights, Dixie because she often made snacks, and got to boss Noah around (Meaning she usually picked the movies, despite Noah usually arguing) and Noah because he got to watch Dixie get into every movie.

If it was a sad movie, she almost always cried, which made Noah sad, yeah, but mostly had him laughing. Come on, who cries at Bambi?! Or, or The Notebook... he didn't cry at that... he didn't!

Uh anyway, she also yells at the characters when they make dumb decisions. It's quite funny and even kind of cute. Speaking of cute, she seemed to like romcoms as those were the movies she picked like half the time! If it weren't for Dixie's big smile that made it at least semi-worth the watch, he'd never sit through them.

"For the millionth time," Dixie laughed, stealing the remote from Noah's hand and pressing play on the movie she insisted on watching, "I. Don't. Care." She leaned back and got comfy, feeling satisfied that she had won.

Noah hated losing, a lot. Like, a lot more than the average person. But Dixie seemed to be the only person on earth more stubborn than him. He gave in for like, well as Dixie would say, the millionth time, and sat down next to her.

Boring dialogue and stupid jokes went by and Noah was only slightly amused, Dixie seemed to be enjoying it, but he knew better than to ask her. The last time he interrupted a movie with her she elbowed him and got mad. Apparently, the rewind button doesn't exist in Dixie-Land.

Suddenly the lead male used a cheesy (literally) pick-up line on some side character, "You and I are like nachos with jalapeños. I'm super cheesy, you're super hot, and we belong together."

Really stupid, but it got a snort from DIxie. Noah looked over to see her staring at him. He didn't need to ask why, he knew what she was thinking.

Pick-Up Lines. One of their many inside jokes. Let's explain, shall we?

Every time Dixie was bored in a class- which was often- Noah would be tasked with the job of entertaining her. He would have to, on the spot, come up with a pick-up line to tell her. And if she laughs, he wins.